You/Elizabeth Carruthers - Search

Start from the beginning

You pull away from the hug, shocked that she knew of your feelings for Elizabeth. You didn't think anyone knew.

"H..how did you know?"

"I'm your sister! I know everything. Plus, you make it a little obvious when she pays us a visit. All you do is stare."

"I don't stare!"

"Yes, you do. There's no points in denying it. What can I do to help?"

"Can I not work for a couple of days? I don't think I can face her if she comes in for business."

"Of course, take as much time as you need, (y/n)."

X

Elizabeth searches the tavern, ignoring the curious looks that the rest of the patrons give her.

"Ms. Carruthers! What a lovely surprise. I didn't think you would pay us a visit after the news that spread."

Elizabeth rolls her eyes and takes a seat at the bar.

"I still can't believe how quick the rumors spread. They're just rumors. I don't plan on getting married soon."

"What? But I heard that..."

"Grace, you should be embarrassed. I didn't think you would listen to the rumors that spread around town."

"Forgive me, Ms. Carruthers but it is impossible not to listen to them when half the town has been talking about it."

She scoffs and shakes her head.

"Nosy bastards. They need to mind their business. Speaking of business, where is (y/n)? She's never missed a day."

Grace has to bite her lip to stop herself from smiling with how obvious Elizabeth is being. She had always believed that Elizabeth might have a thing for you but could never confirm it until now.

"I'm not at liberty to talk about the whereabouts of my employees."

"But we're friends."

Grace laughs and places a drink in front of her.

"Like I said, I'm not at liberty to talk about their whereabouts. It's a safety issue. I wouldn't want someone to stalk them or anything like that."

Elizabeth's cheeks burn red from embarrassment.

"Stalk them? I don't have any desire to stalk them. I'm simply just curious as to why she's not here. She's always been here."

Grace shrugs her shoulders and starts to clean the used glasses.

"She didn't say so I can't answer that for you nor can I tell you when she'll be back."

Elizabeth glared at her as she finishes her drink in one sip.

"You're no help."

She drops a few coins on the counter and takes her leave.

X

Grace keeps what happened to herself to avoid giving you any hopes. When she suddenly sees 'Missing' posters with your face on it, she decides it's best to tell you. Apparently, when Elizabeth wanted to know something, she was going to find out one way or another.

"Elizabeth is searching for you. She put up missing posters all around town."

"What? Why would she do that?"

"She's been looking for you ever since you decided to take a break from the tavern. I refused to tell her where you are so she decided she was going to find out on her own."

"There's no way that she actually did that. Why would she even care where I am?"

"I think you know the answer to that. Maybe you should pay her a visit."

"We're sort of friends. Maybe she's just worried that I left without a notice."

"Trust me, Elizabeth likes you in the same manner that you like her. She confirmed that the rumors are fake so you have nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure? You're not lying to me?"

"Why would I lie to you? Especially after you cried about them?"

You give her a tight hug, thankful for what she had done. Elizabeth walked in to find the two of you in the middle of your hug. She clears her throat, grabbing both of your attention.

"So you're the one that's been hiding her. Are the two of you dating or something?"

At this point, Elizabeth is not even hiding her feelings. She glares at Grace and impatiently waits for an answer from the two of you.

"I think I should leave the two of you alone. If you'll excuse me."

Elizabeth turns to face you as Grace leaves.

"Well?"

"Not that it matters but we're not dating. We're sisters."

She gets embarrassed at your answer.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"Why have you been looking for me?"

"I...I was just worried. You left without telling me anything."

If Grace was telling the truth, there was no point in hiding anything.

"I left because I thought you were going to marry one of the Brown brothers. I didn't want to stay for the wedding."

"I really hate how fast rumors spread." Elizabeth says with a sigh. "I'm not marrying the Brown brothers. I don't even know where anyone got that idea from. With my husband dead, I can finally pursue who I'm interested in."

With each step she takes towards you, you take a step back.

"And who might that be."

"You..." She whispers before trapping you against the wall. You gulp loudly at the close proximity. "...can I kiss you, (y/n)?"

Unable to talk, you just nod. As your lips connect, you can't help but melt in her arms.

-----------       

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Feel free to request a prompt on my 'Request Page.' If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

Elizabeth Carruthers - Accusations

-----------