|| Chapter 11

||Maurice

"Ma I don't know what to do. She isn't eating, she isn't answering calls for her mom, nothing" I said venting to my mother. "Son the best thing you can do is just be there for her, and encourage her" She replied.

Bonita haven't ate, talked to her parents, friends or anything since receiving that phone call the other day. Shit she barely talk to me.

I'm not the type to like console someone dealing with that type of grief. I deal with death in a funny way, I just don't. I really don't know how to.

"Daddy I wanna go to the park"Alana spoke pulling on my hand. "Ok Lana. Give me a minute mama" I told her. She nodded and continued to play with her dolls.

||Bonita

My grandma was all I had. She the only one who supported me living in Harlem. The only one who was there when I just wanted a break from my parents, when I just wanted to vent at 2am. She was there.

Now she's gone. I admit I haven't been the best grandchild once I got of age, I just started exploring life and you know being 'grown' so after awhile I didn't really come around until she became sick.

I think that's where my guilt come in at.

Tears then began to roll down my face, as my phone then rung. Probably was my mom again, "Hello" I finally answered. "Nita why haven't you been answering? We've been worried about you, how are you doing" My mother spoke.

"Mom I'm just in disbelief right now. I didn't want to talk to anyone" I said to her, feeling bad. How selfish of me, this was my moms mom and here I am ignoring her.

Can't imagine how she must feel. "Mom how are you? When's the funeral?" I said to her. She sighed. "Mom wanted to get cremated" She said. I started to cry, "Cremated?" I asked. My abuela?

"So you can come here in a few days. Your Aunt Bec supposed to be flying down from Texas, lord knows my sister is drama" My mom said. I really wasn't in the mood for my Aunt Bec's antics. Her ass will get escorted out.

"Ok mom. How's dad?" I said. "He's fine, just been doing things around the house for me. Been a little too touchy feely, but eh" She said. I chuckled. My mind then drifted off to Maurice

He been a big help for me since the news, haven't really talked to him but he has been trying to feed me, make me smile. Tried to get me out the house but stubborn ole me wasn't having that.

I definitely have to thank him. "Bonita I'll talk to you later, Aunt Bec is calling" She spoke. "Ok love you" I said to her. "Love you too Ni" She replied then hung up. I looked around at the mess I was just soaking in, I then got up and begin cleaning.

.

.

After showering I called Maurice

After showering I called Maurice. "Look who's calling" He answered. I blushed, and smirked a little. "What are you doing big head?" I asked. "At the park with Alana right now. How are you?" He said.

I smiled. "I'm fine. Going to Long Island for a little in a few days" I told him. "Cool. I'm here if you need anything you know that Ni" He said. I nodded as if he could see me, "Thanks. But I'll let you go enjoy yourself with lil mama. Talk to u later" I told him.

Then it was like a silence. "Aight. Love u Ni" He said. Butterflies then filled my stomach, "Love u too" I said the hung up quickly. I covered my face with my arms out of embarrassment, as if he could see me.

Girl if you love dude, you love him....don't fake the funk.