039. james and regulus

S O R R Y

xxxix||james and regulus

Groggily opening her eyes, Maria sees the beams of sunlight pouring through the gapes in the curtains and feels someone leave a gentle kiss on her bare shoulder as she turns over and locks eyes with some grey ones. Regulus smiles at her tiredly and kisses her forehead sweetly, both of them not wanting to move as they lay, tangled in the sheets.

"Morning." Regulus mumbles huskily, tracing random patterns on her waist, his other arm beneath her head as she turns to face the ceiling, recalling the events from the previous night.

"Last night. . ." Maria breathes, closing her eyes and remembering Regulus' hands all over her, the feeling of his lips on her neck and the sounds of their panting breathes.

"I know." Regulus says softly, and Maria's head turns towards him again, smiling at him and kissing his chin delicately, Regulus closing his eyes and smiling in contentment. She lets her forehead fall onto his chest as she lets out a deep breath, Regulus now running his fingers gently through her hair. "I told your brother you'd be home today."
Maria sighs and presses her lips to his bare chest before sitting up slowly, bringing one of the blankets up with her so that it covers her bare chest and she stands up, wobbling slightly and Regulus chuckles, holding a hand out for her to take after slipping on some underwear and sweatpants.

"I'll never walk the same again." Maria groans, reaching up and wrapping her arms around his neck, her feet dangling off the floor and Regulus rolls his eyes at her exaggeration and wraps his arms around her waist, lifting her and bringing her to the bathroom.

"Don't be so dramatic." Regulus sighs, sitting her on the counter and Maria makes a sound of disagreement.

He turns on the taps in the large bathtub and gently pulling the fabric of the blanket from her top half and his eyebrows raise, Maria gasping when she looks in the mirror.

". . .sorry?" Regulus tries and the Potter groans, examining the red and purple marks across her chest and neck. Regulus rolls his eyes and takes out his wand to make them invisible but Maria grabs his wrist with a frown.

"What are you doing?"

". .getting rid of them?" Regulus furrows his eyebrows and Maria shakes her head, taking the wand slowly from his hand.

"Don't." She mumbles and Regulus nods, gently kissing her temple and waving his wand, making the bath overflow with bubbles, Maria yelling at him whilst he frantically tried to clear it bath into the bath. After the chaos, Regulus sighs in a sort of relief as Maria just stares at him with an amused look.

"Oh shut up."

"Make me."

Regulus raises an eyebrow, looking her up and down and walking over, placing a hand barely on her knee and leaning forwards towards her ear, as he does, his hand slowly slides beneath the blanket, leaving goosebumps on its trail as Maria's breathing hitches. Regulus chuckles in her ear, an amused smile playing on his face.