Chapter One: Corellian Hells

Geonosis Coliseum
25,032 — 22 BBY
Chozo Kynesgrove

Chozo rarely fought, a simple fact born from his want to not be seen as a threat. He glanced at his padawan, twenty four and proving herself ready for the trials. Like Kagene-yan, Corie was like his own child, and Chozo loved her dearly.

She was laughing, clearly having fun as another droid was demolished. She'd been unhappy of late, the kind of unhappiness that made people vanish upon death. Despite enjoying her sudden happiness, Chozo feared that she might end up hurt if she didn't keep a better eye on her surroundings, or worse.

As he expected, the two accompanying spirits were fooling around as usual. He rolled his eyes. Of course Nihilus and Ronderu couldn't take this seriously for even a moment, why should they? It wasn't like they could get hurt. Inevitably, they vanished from sight, as Chozo and Corie continued fighting alongside the clones who had appeared as if from thin air.

"Chozo!"

He glanced at Ronderu, twitching a lek. "I'm kind of in the middle of something Ronderu, can this wait?"

"We've got a ghost in need, so no!"

Chozo cursed to himself, "Corie! Duty calls, move on without me padawan!"

"Of course master!"

The arena cleared in a matter of minutes, leaving only Chozo, broken droids, and bodies. He picked his way through, nabbing his cloak as he passed it. The ghost in question ran up to Chozo as he realized he could be seen.

"Jetii! Fierfek I thought that ghost woman was lying— Please, you've got to help my son. You can't just— just leave him here alone, he's only ten!"

Clearly the spirit was still in the aftershock of sudden death. Chozo could tell he was, by the trembling hands and unstable visage. Spirits were like living echoes. Imprints of a strong will into the very fabric of the living Force.

He'd seen ghosts so horribly distraught from their death that they forced themselves into a loop, reliving the day they died over and over until something broke them out.

"Please, calm down Jango." Chozo said softly to the distressed spirit, "Ronderu, keep him out of looping himself, I'll go find his son."

Chozo followed the feelings of distress — and the sound of tears — to where he found a young boy, clutching a silver helmet to his chest. He crouched down, hesitantly touching a lek to the boy's shoulder.

He jolted, looking up at Chozo almost fearfully. The Jedi hadn't used any Mando'a in a while, but he was sure he could manage it.

"Meg cuyir gar gai?"

He was right, his Mando'a was heavily accented, but he was pretty sure that he hadn't butchered the pronunciation.

"B— Boba Fett..."

He supposed he hadn't. He slowly moved closer to Boba, curling a lek around his shoulder in an effort to comfort him. He wasn't exactly sure if Mandalorians had the concept of a seer, as Ronderu would call him, so he would say something different.

"Liser gar... jorhaa'ir Basic?"

Boba nodded his head quietly.