Luke's untitled #1

They had liked each other as soon as they had met

They had liked each other as soon as they had met. They had talked during rehearsals, in the times that she could see him when he'd play the guitar. She had sung along during the times the band would play together, he had even learned how to move stuff, like a pencil so he could write little notes for her to find when she'd wonder in the garage. She could feel his presence whenever they were in the same room and he'd watch her, unbeknownst to her, while she talked animatedly with her hands or when she'd laugh at a joke Carlos said.

"You like him, huh?" Julie asked and she nodded as she looked to the "empty" chair.

"I do." She smiled, knowing he was looking at her too.

"I'll give you guys a minute." The singer said and her friend smiled gratefully.

"So, you guys think this'll be the last one, huh?" she said to the open space and something moved in the corner of her eye. The musician had picked up the computer that was on the table, the clicking of keys made her take a step towards the chair and she watched as words appeared on the screen.

"I'll miss you."

"So will I."

"I got you something." She looked at the empty space and frowned.

"What? Luke, you- you didn't have to!"

"The guys helped me with it, Julie too." He reached inside of his pockets and produced a few sheets of paper that he then handed to her and the girl still couldn't understand how he and her could handle the same thing when he was practically air. She held in between her fingers and let her eyes go over the words written in the familiar horrible handwriting.

"What's- what's written there?"

"Beautiful." He typed on the computer and turned to observe her reaction, a shy smile made its way to her face and she looked at him and even if she couldn't see him or feel him, she felt the hair at the base of her neck lift up when his hand fell through hers.

Alex and Reggie appeared alongside Julie, and Olivia left them so they could talk, and she joined Flynn in the house after sending a last look to the empty chair.

-

She was with Julie and Flynn in the dressing room when the show manager told the singer that she was due on stage.

"They aren't here yet!"

"Jules, maybe they're just waiting for you there. Just go, you'll do great." Olivia smiled at her friend before sending her off and sharing a worried look with Flynn.

"Think they're gonna show?"

"God, I hope so." She mumbled.

She had to keep it together, for Julie and for herself too, she couldn't think of the fact that she'd seen Luke for the last time.