Chapter 1

This story is dedicated to my Girlfriend.

The days have flew by, time never coming to a stop. It felt like a bird that would never land. It goes to fast for all of us. First you're in a playground playing in a sandbox, then you're walking through a hallway covered with lockers. Every step you take leading you more and more to then end. What happens then?

Your thoughts swarming you in a never ending loop. Smiles fading, your skin caving in. Graves pile up in hundreds of groups. You curl up into a ball feeling empty, like there is nothing left. Darkness caves around you but you're scared. A hole in the ground keeps getting bigger and bigger as you back away from it.

Then you hit a wall. You fall into the deep dark endless abyss. As you keep falling, you get calmer and calmer. Nothing matters anymore then. It feels like you are floating above the rest.

Calm.

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I groan as I sat up in my bed. "Damn... 2 pm..? How long could I have slept for?" I thought to myself. I turn off my alarm and stretch for a second, I must have been out for a long time. I hear thumping coming up the stairs. I look at my door as it opened with a small creak from the rusty door hinges.

"Anemone! You have been asleep for hours! What time could have you gone to bed possibly?" My mother said in a mean loud voice. My head pounded as I let out a small sigh. "I went to bed at 10." I responded in a tired tone. My mother shook her head and walked back out of my room.

It was Sunday luckily, but that still didn't mean anything to me, just another day. I got up out of bed and stretched. I walked over to my drawer and opened it. "Nothing to wear like always." I say aloud. I have stuff to wear but none of it is stuff I want to wear. I finally dig out a old band t-shirt and some sweats.

I walk downstairs and I see a note on the table.

"Hey honey, I'll be out going to the store. Don't forget to take your medication by 3.

Love you, Mom."

We did have barely any food and dad always being at work didn't help. I yawn as I water to the fridge to grab a water bottle. I take a sip and hear a knock at the door. I walked over to the door and open it. "Hey Anemone!" My friend Basil said with a big smile. Basil was a short girl with hair that reached the middle of her back. I smile back at and respond saying "Hey."

She giggled, it made my heart flutter almost. I invited her inside, closing the door behind her as she walked in. "What brings you here?" I asked curious. "Oh! I made more cookies for you! They are mint chocolate chip!" She replied, handing me a little brown baggie from out of her backpack.

I take one out of the bag, it looked like a wafer cookie more than a normal cookie. I took a bite of it. Not shocking but it wasn't that bad, I quite enjoyed it. "These are really good Basil. Where did you learn to make these?" I asked, maybe if I knew I could make them as well.

"I learn them when my dad taught me how to make them before joining the army." She replied with a small grin. I giggled and set the bag to the side. We talked for awhile, mostly about school. Then, I felt something different.

My ears rang and it felt like I was hearing something underwater. My heart pounded, and time started slowing down again. I felt something touch my shoulder. "Don't give into your feelings." A voice said, I took a deep breathe in.

Calm.

"Anemone are you even listening to me?" Basil said kinda annoyed. "Huh? Oh yeah, sorry." I replied in a worried tone. "Oh yeah? What did I just say?" She asked me, I went silent. I shouldn't have even tried lying like that. "That's what I thought." She said with a winners grin. I turn to the clock.

"Shit! Its 5 minutes passed 3!" I yelled hopping up out of my seat. I ran to the bathroom and searched for my medication. I found it and took it quickly, I sighed with relief. "That could have been bad." Basil said scaring me. "Jesus Christ! Don't scare me like that!" I yelled scared, a giggled leaving Basil's mouth.

We both walked back downstairs and Basil grabbed her bag. "I should probably get going. If I don't my Uncle Archer will be mad." Basil said, a frown placing on her lips. "Why would you want to go back? I know you don't like him." I replied with a frown also placing on my lips. "Ever since my parents died he is the only person I could live with. Plus, me and you both are only 15! We would never be able to face the real world." Basil replied, she sounded almost sad.

The room was quite for awhile.

My thoughts started going like a never ending train ride. They got faster and faster. "Is it me? Do I make her not want to stay? Why me? Am I not good enough? Whats happening? Why is she so quite? Why am I so annoying? Why does she not want to be with me?"

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow at school. Bye!" Basil said, walking out the door with a small wave, shutting it behind her.

Calm.

~_0_0_0_0_0_~

(959 words)

Name: Anemone Cromwel

Age: 15

Height: 5'7

Appearance: Short dark bown hair, Green eyes (w. eye bags), olive skin.

Outfit style: Laid back/Comfort

Race: Australian

Hobbies: Sleeping and sky watching

Parents:

Lucinda Cromwel (Mother)

??? Cromwel (Father)

~_0_0_0_0_0_~