Prologue

It is a warm, beautiful day as if the air tasted sweeter than usual.

The sun was beaming in through the windows of the mansion, filled with rich textures and vintage accents exuding warmth and comfort. Over the years, the mansion underwent a series of renovations. From the central passage up to the cupola and down to the cellar. I always kept the rooms neat and tidy just preparing for this day.

Going down the staircase, it is pleasing to see the symmetrical decorations and the vivid paint around. The massive portrait of a complete family in the central hall suits the mansion because it defines their wealth. But now, it is empty.

After opening the doorways of the central passage for-which is the entryway into the mansion, the refreshing smell of morning dew entered. I can softly hear birds chirping, making their usual greeting to each other. The bright flowers are popping through while the butterflies are swarming around them. Exie and Eura would love to see this scenery.

I headed straight into the kitchen to check up on tonight's menu when an invigorating aroma fills my nose. I remember Anya and Aeri always rush to go here early in the morning offering their services in the kitchen. Ache, Iris, and Eves on the other hand will follow to stop them.

Hah, good old days.

I went upstairs to check the study room if it is still locked. Illa would want to visit this room again for sure. After I unlocked the door,  a small photo album on the floor brought back another memory. Each morning, using the private staircase that led up to their bed chambers, Illa will drag Urse, Asha, and Urie to study here. But more or less than 20 minutes after, Urie will leave the room and join Andr, Euan, and Elys hiding. Iver's voice counting from one to ten will echo along the corridors of this mansion. Now, the absence of their voices made the mansion feel like it was empty... abandoned. The only thing that I consistently hear besides the sound of the news on the television is the buzz of the bees from the windows.

Reminiscing led me to go to the cupola. I leaned against the wall and watched the gardener sweep the yard. I grabbed the photo album that I got from the study room a while ago and carelessly flipped through its pages.

"Mamita?"

Before I even flipped to the next page, a soft voice called out my name.

"Mamita, are you there?"

I stood up properly and inhaled a deep lungful of spring air.

A new day has been born. The moment everyone has been waiting for.

I turned around and met the grinning face of our Lady Butler. She is in charge of all the errands and matters in this Mansion.

"Good morning, Mamita. I am glad that you're out of your quarters for this special occasion." She smiled at me and continued, "I would like to inform you that the greenhouse is currently being prepared with the help of our head maid. Also, I have already relayed your message to the head chef regarding everybody's food preferences. So far, everything is going on fast and smoothly."

I nodded at her as a response . Today, 19th of April, the Gaunivers will once again unite to spend their family anniversary after a year of being inactive from high tier society.

Illa requested an intimate family dinner, but this is a once in a blue moon celebration. Hence, everybody in this Mansion is wide awake at 4 in the morning to start the preparation for their welcoming party and family dinner.

I looked back at the people going in and out of the greenhouse. Their shouts of orders and small bickering are heard from afar. Moreover, all of them are full of sweat and dirt.