Chapter 12 - Le Premier Jour

Depuis le début

“SHUT UP!” Taylor shouts. I laugh at this but I keep the television on.

“GET YOUR BUTTS UP! YOU’LL MISS BREAKFAST!” I shout.

“WE’RE UP WE’RE UP!!” They shout once I mention missing out on food. I walk over and turn the television off.

“Get dressed I’ll wake up the guys in the other room,” I walk through the other door that conjoins the rooms. Much to my surprise they are already up. Well not UP, but they are awake.

“Get dressed or you’ll miss breakfast,” I say and they groan together as they get up from their beds.

I walk back into my room and I see that Cameron had gotten Shawn and Nash up.

Cameron was in the bathroom doing whatever it is he does. I looked at the time and it was 6:23. I knew it would take the guys a while to get ready so I laid down on my bed, making sure to keep my feet off of their covers as I put my reading glasses on and picked up The Maze Runner. Here’s the thing, this book makes me not want to stop reading it and I can’t read any other book while I am reading it so I always have to finish it.

“Malia we’re ready to go come on!” Cameron shouts from the door. I look up from my book and see all the guys have gathered in our room and are standing by the door. I scramble off the bed bringing my book with me. I continue reading as we walk down the hallway and in the elevator.

“You’re such a nerd,” Nash says teasingly.

“Hey, I just like being engrossed in a world that holds more information, thoughts, and emotions than you can possibly imagine. That’s why I love libraries and bookstores. While to the ordinary person it may seem quiet, to me the library contains the most room for adventure and learning. Even though books are cliché, it’s one of the things I love about it. Because if it is cliché that means that no matter what happens in the story everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright it’s not the end. However every now and then you come across a book that is not cliché, and most people are unsure of how to react. I think it takes an excellent writer, to kill off one of the most loved characters in the book, and still have the reader pleased at the end, wanting to read it all over again,” I ramble out, I really need to stop doing that. “So I accept your observation about my enthusiasm for things I have an interest in,” I say thinking about how John Green talks about nerds. I then go back to reading.

“It is too early to be deep,” Hayes complains. I giggle at how he is still tired.

“What time did you guys go to bed last night?” I ask not looking up from my book.

“11,” He says, that is reasonable, I can understand why he is tired, but I mean he got 7 hours of sleep then. “Our time,” He finishes. I look up with wide eyes.

“That means you only got four hours of sleep!” I shout.

“Yeah we know and we are feeling it now,” Gilinsky groans out.

“You guys are idiots,” I say as I hit all of them with my book. Well I hit the people who are close to me. Cameron is on the opposite side of the elevator and he looks so relieved right now.