Bakugo Birthday Special

Magsimula sa umpisa

She studied me for a moment, reaching to yank on my cheek as I hissed for her to stop. She only looked slightly amused, flitting away before I could say anything else to her.

In lunch, Shitty Hair tried playing off how he paid for my lunch, saying that this was his way of gifting me on my special day. I cussed him out as we reached the table, eyes absentmindedly scanning for the girl who would sit with us every so often.

"Where's Reyna?" Dunce Face asked, poking at his ramen while he also searched for the annoying classmate of ours.

"She left the campus, saying she'd return before the hour ended." Tape Dispenser explained while Shitty Hair agreed, "Yeah, she said she had something to do and she was kind of in a rush, I even bought her some brownies since she seems to have a thing for them." I found that interesting, a girl who seemed so unimpressed would find something like baked goods worthy of her attention. I stayed silent, chewing on the spicy food as I thought over the girl's nationality.

I didn't care much for her, but I heard Tape Dispenser mention how she was Latina, her family stemmed from a Central American country while some came from Mexico. She's got to know how to make some sort of spicy Mexican dish, something that outshines a Japanese meal. I was picky, I wanted food that was authentic and home-cooked, something that could make my eyes water from the spice.

For training, we were only working on agility, running through different areas around the school as I saw the girl nearing me. I was annoyed, how the hell is she the only one who can catch up to me and the class rep? Her face remained calm, ponytail swinging about as her legs were taut, focusing on pushing past us both. I quickened my pace only slightly, making sure she couldn't reach me. She must've realized I did that on purpose as she narrowed her gaze, eyes moving back to the trees that were blurring by.

When we finished, I felt a tug on my gym uniform. I was about to shrug off whoever had the audacity to touch me, but I realized it was the Reyna girl.

"Meet me after school, I want to talk." I raised my eyebrows slightly at her words, what does she need with me?

I stayed quiet, walking back to the locker rooms as the extras and I were changing back into regular uniform.

I heard the pervert speak. "Did you see how fast Reyna is? She looked so hot acting all powerful, she nearly kicked me too with those sexy legs!" I scowled, I wasn't the type to bother looking at girls, but it was disgusting to see a loser speak about her like that. I don't give a damn about her, but she beat me so I felt obligated to wrinkle my nose in that purple freak's direction.

"Mineta, it's not really appropriate to speak about girls that way, you shouldn't say that stuff about Florence." I glanced towards Deku briefly because of what he said. They're on first name basis? Something about that tugged on me but I just finished adjusting my collar.

"Florence is probably one of the prettiest girls I've seen! I want to ask her out on a date." Dunce Face stated, fist raised to show his determination.

"What makes you think she's gonna date you?" I blurted out, and most of the guys began looking towards me.

"Why not? She doesn't mind being around me." Dunce Face attempted to defend himself, and I grabbed a random cloth to hurl it in his face.

"That ugly girl seems too nice to tell anyone no." I wasn't wrong, she would always act worried about how others reacted.

I left the locker rooms, grabbing my bag as people began exiting the classroom, heading home for the day. The girl wasn't in class so I figured she would be waiting by the front. I was leaving the building, standing by the front of the gates of U.A as the girl showed no sign of appearing. Did this idiot really set me up?