Steve stood up very slowly, his lips pressed into a thin line, and his eyes closed tightly. Cassandra disguised her laugh with a cough, to which Steve gave her a harsh glare.

"I'm gonna go lay down," he said very quietly.
"You do that," Natasha said, making no effort to hide the smile on her face.

Steve hobbled away, and even after he disappeared down the hallway you could hear him saying "ow" with every step. Natasha looked at Cassandra, and Cassandra sighed, knowing what question she was going to ask next.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet? And don't lie because we've been friends long enough for me to know every little thing about you."

Cassandra shook her head, rolling her eyes as Natasha grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the kitchen. Natasha motioned for her to sit down, while she ran around the kitchen, grabbing things and tossing them on the counter. Cassandra hopped onto the counter, sitting down and watching Natasha. There it was again, the feeling from the night before. The fluttery feeling, the heart racing, the unable to keep a smile off her face feeling.

"Are you alright Cass?"
"Yeah, yeah, why do you ask?" Cassandra said, shaking herself out of the trance she put herself in.
"You just seem a little star struck is all," Natasha turned away from her.

Maybe that was it. Maybe Cassandra was star struck. But why would she be, she'd known Natasha for more than a decade, and knew almost everything about her. Why would she be star struck?

"Why would I be star struck? I've known you since 2006."
"Maybe it's finally catching up to you."
"And what would that be?"
"That I'm the coolest person you'll ever meet," she said, flipping her hair dramatically.

Cassandra smiled, and Natasha laughed. The heart rushing, the fluttery feeling, the weight being lifted off her shoulders for a moment before it came crashing down again. Why couldn't she figure out what was happening, usually she was great at figuring things out and knowing what was happening.

Natasha set two plates down on the table, Bruce's mug of cold coffee still sitting on the table. Cassandra jumped off the counter, and grabbed two forks, gently tossing one at Natasha. She sat down across from Natasha, picking up her fork and stabbing it at the blueberry rolling around on the plate.

"Why do you eat blueberries like that?" Natasha asked.
"Because I have manners," Cassandra said, smiling at Natasha's offended response.
"No, manners are saying please and thank you, and opening the door for people. You're just old," Natasha grinned, shoving a handful of blueberries into her mouth.
"Well technically speaking I'm younger than you, I'm 27, remember."

Natasha smirked, looking back down at her plate. Cassandra looked down, staring at the piece of uneaten toast. There was a thought, in the back of her mind. One that she knew was in her head since she met Peggy. She refused to believe it, it couldn't be true.

But oh how she loved Natasha's smile, oh how she loved her laugh, and when she held her hand at dinner. Everyday since they met, everyday of her life, she had wondered if it was worth it. If she was worth it, she wondered if there was a reason that she should keep going, and stay. But Natasha was her reason to keep going. Natasha was there for her, everyday, every moment, since they met. For God's sake, Natasha slept in the same bed with her so she wouldn't have to be alone with her nightmares. Now she knew. Cassandra knew what the feeling was.

Cassandra was in love.

ahh my baby has her first crush, i'm so proud. thanks to haley (ninascrown) for getting me to go through with this idea. ily babes <3

this is just the beginning my friends, have fun.

anyways, my brain has stopped working and i'm going to sleep, ilysm have a fantastic rest of your day❤