1

"Earth to Harry, are you listening to me?" Harry snapped out of his trance when his shoulder was being pushed heavily. He looked to his right as his friend, Zayn, was staring at him. Harry looked backed down at his math paper. 

"Sorry," he mumbled as Zayn sighed. 

"You have got to stop thinking about him. Do you know how awkward it is for me to know that my best friend has the biggest crush on my brother?" Zayn laughed, Harry's eyes immediately widening. 

Harry's head whipped around to see if the other students in the library heard him. "Zayn, will you shut up? I don't want the whole school to know, okay? I still don't know how you found out about that." 

It's true. Harry really didn't know how Zayn found out about his massive crush on Louis Tomlinson, the most popular guy in the entire school. He was sure he kept it discreet, minus the deep stares he'd give off every once in a while. Zayn was actually the only person he ever talked too, if you don't count the small talks he has with Niall and Liam, Louis' friends. He only talked to them when they were put into groups for class. 

Zayn laughed, "I do have ears you know. You're always talking to yourself and his name is constantly rolling off your tongue."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and slumped down in his seat when his teacher walked by. She eyed him, quickly heading off into a different direction. Zayn blinked a few times before turning back around to face Harry.

"C'mon, let's go to lunch." 

The two of them picked up their belongings, shoved them in their bags, and headed off to the cafeteria. From the left side of the hall, Harry saw him laughing with his jock friends. His heart rate increased as his feet carried him in that particular direction. 

Zayn grabbed Harry's arm, "Harry, stop. You're gonna make yourself look stupid, alright?" 

"But-" 

"Now." Zayn held on to Harry while they got in the cafeteria. 

They stood in line, Harry sticking out his tray for the lunch ladies to slap food down onto. The food here wasn't the greatest, but it was far from tasting like prison food. 

"Harry," He froze in place, Zayn bumping into him, "Did you get the paper done for English?" He heard the Irish accent coming from the opposite side of him. 

"Y-yeah, um-" He quickly paid for his food and rushed to the table him and Zayn share. He dug through his bag and pulled out the semi-wrinkled paper. 

"Thanks." Niall grabbed the paper and walked back over to his table, where he sat. 

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows together, "Since when do you talk to Niall?"

Harry shrugged and bit into the sandwich. Zayn didn't bother asking Harry more questions so he too turned around and ate in silence. The bell hang and Harry went a different direction then Zayn. 

"Yo Styles."

His eyes widened. He slammed the locker door shut and ran down the hall towards his class. That's the first time he heard him say any part of his name. 

Harry got to class and took his seat all the way in the back where he pulled out his notebook and a pencil. He quietly tapped his foot while waiting for the class to start. History was one of Harry's favorite subjects in school, which surprised no one. 

"Alright class, before we begin, we have a student of higher grade who's now going to be in our class." His teacher, Mr. Stark, was honestly one of the nicest teachers he's ever had. 

"Louis Tomlinson, you may go find a seat anywhere in the classroom." 

Harry felt his heart go to a complete stop. He wasn't sure if he was dead or just in a trance, but he knew he couldn't feel it. His eyes stayed directly on the desk, watching Louis' feet move down the aisle next to him. 

When Louis took the open seat next to him, he thought he would scream. But he didn't. He didn't even talk or move when asked about the Revolutionary War. He couldn't do anything because Louis Tomlinson, the person he's crushed on for so long, was sitting right next to him, staring. 

-

"Wait, so he was staring at you? Are you sure, because he-"

"Yes I'm sure Zayn. I wouldn't make stuff up like that." Harry spat, hopping into the passenger side of Zayn's car. 

"Okay then." 

It was Friday, which means that Harry's mom and sister would be gone all night. If he had any other friends, he would hang out with them, but since Zayn is his only friend, he stays with him. Everytime Harry would go to Zayn's house, Louis wouldn't be there. He'd be out with Niall and Liam, most likely getting drunk at some party. 

"What should we do tonight? Last week we played pool in my basement."

"We can watch movies, if that's okay?" 

Zayn simply nodded and pulled into his driveway. Harry turned over the seat and grabbed his bag before opening the door and stepping out. His fixed the one strap and stopped in his tracks when he saw Zayn's eyes wide. 

"I thought you're going out with Niall and Liam?" 

Louis laughed, pulling his sweaty shirt off his body, "Nah, the lads have family things to do, so I thought I'd hang with my- Styles, what brings you here?" 

"U-um, well, Z-Zayn and I-" Harry stuttered on his words as Louis raised his brows at him. 

"O..kay." 

Harry ran over to Zayn and jumped on his back as they entered Zayn's massive house. 

-

so yes, a larry stylinson book. it's my first one after reading a crap ton of others.