You made her the queen

Start from the beginning

"Why are you saying 'no' to your girlfriend?" Rhett's mother walked in with her hands on her hips.

Now this is something I would like to hear the answer to, even if we are not really in a relationship, but I also cannot leave him on the spot "It's all right–"

"No, it is not," Marianna, Rhett's mother, stated in quite an upset tone. "You're not to leave alone the only daughter-in-law I'll ever have so you'll say yes to going with her on that trip," she ordered.

Katherine chuckled "Mama, you need to calm down, you cannot force him, especially not in front of her; she'll think Rhett's only going because he's scared of you."

"It was a plan I had before the accident happened," I told. "Now I won't be able to get in the water so there's no reason for going."

"See, mother? It's not me being a wanker, just considerate," Rhett said, sitting on the armrest behind my head. "I have to take care of my princess," the man leaned down to peck the top of my head. "We are going to have a nice tranquil new year's at her flat with homemade lasagna and none of you are allowed in the premises."

"You'll have to at least let me make her a dessert if you're going to privy us from her presence," Marianna said with a harsh gaze, glaring at his son but it quickly changed as she gazed at me "What's your favorite dessert, sweetheart?"

A blush rushed up my body; so this is how it feels to have someone who wants to cook for you to show you affection "I love banana pie or cheesecake, those are my two favorites."

"Because they're not too sweet and can be eaten from the mold; you're my kind of girl," she winked before turning around. "Come on girls, you're helping me!"

Fiona and Katherine turned around, leaving Rhett and I alone "She's so nice."

"Because she likes you but she loathes me at the moment," his right set of knuckles were resting on my throat, as his fingers tickled my under chin...it felt extremely nice and it made my toes curl. "We are still getting dessert for that night so that's good."

I lightly threw my head back to look at him "You don't have to come have dinner with me on New Year's, it was just to save your ass."

Rhett chuckled, looking down at me "No, I do want to go have dinner with you; we can cook together and have a lovely time. Remember that we want to rekindle our relationship and I think it would be lovely to spend the holiday together."

"All right," a grin appeared on my lips. "I promise you a night filled with fun."

"I know you will give me it," he got up and squatted down beside the sofa. "Want to go meet the rest of the family?"

My eyes glanced at his lips "Yeah, that would be really nice."

Rhett got up and swooped me up without a problem "If you want, you could come to my place after this," I cleared my throat, as he gazed my way. "We could just eat a bunch of snacks and talk or watch movies. I mean, I know it's Christmas—"

"I would love to, Aurora," he replied with a smile "we could chat about where we left off the relationship and I do want to explain myself; what I did was unacceptable and cowardly."

"I do think you owe me an explanation," it took every fiber of bravery in me to say so; I know I deserve the best but sometimes I don't know how to fight for it.

Rhett softly nodded "You do."

Once we were in the dining room, I realized the place was full; he has such a big family, and the life in the room makes me so happy. When we all had a plate of food, one of Rhett's older nephews looked my way and asked me something: