"Hey Ginny. Have you seen Ron or Harry?" the girl named Hermione asked, not even sparing the awkward brunette one glance.

"I thought they were already on the train," Ginny replied timidly, shifting the luggage in her arms. Hermione and Ginny looked at each other anxiously once more but pushed their worries aside for the moment to find a compartment. Delilah just stood still, wondering if she should follow the two girls until, "you can come with us."

The young brunette smiled gratefully at Ginny, before following her to an open compartment. All three students shoved their luggage away and sat down, stretching out before the long ride.

"Hello..." Hermione trailed off, looking at the silent girl across from her.

"Delilah," the dark-haired girl finished, smiling gently.

"I'm Hermione Granger," Hermione stated with confidence, and Delilah could tell she was proud of who she was. "Are you muggleborn too?"

"Yeah," Delilah replied lamely, but her muted green eyes brightened at the prospect of talking to someone who understood her struggles, and who knew how to adapt to the new world. "This place is so crazy."

"I get it. Everything was so new to me too! But Hogwarts is incredible, you'll love it." Hermione and Delilah chatted a bit longer on the topic of the Wizarding World, Ginny piping in a few times with her experiences with living in it for eleven years.

Once the train started moving though, Ginny and Hermione quickly fretted once again over the absence of Harry and Ron.

"Ron is my brother. And Hermione's best friend," Ginny told Delilah, who nodded her head in understanding. "And Harry's her friend too." Ginny blushed intensely as she spoke about Harry, and the brunette smirked knowingly at the red-head, who then blushed even deeper.

"Yes, they're my best friends. But they can both be ridiculously oblivious sometimes--more like all the time. It's like they share a brain cell or something," Hermione ranted, and Delilah could tell that she was like the mother of the trio; the one who kept the other two in check.

After a few hours of talking and Delilah becoming even more informed on the topic of the two chaotic boys, Delilah began to settle more into her seat. She stared out of the compartment window, watching the green hills roll by. But her peace was soon disrupted by what she spotted. She quickly tapped Ginny's shoulder, pointing at the blue car flying alongside the train, with someone clearly dangling out of it.

"Is that-" Ginny's question was cut off by a shriek from Hermione.

"What are they doing?! Why are they in a flying car?"

Delilah sighed at the thoughts of what other ludicrous things happened that year—and many after

In her and Ginny's first year, Ginny was possessed by the younger version of Voldemort, in the form of a diary. Lucius Malfoy had slipped it into her cauldron while her family and Harry were shopping in Flourish & Blotts, and Ginny didn't realize what it was until she packed it into her trunk and arrived at Hogwarts.