Ice Cream and Missions

Start from the beginning

"I'm not hiding."

"Ok Nat, and I don't make heart eyes at Steve." You shrugged as you headed out took the elevator down to the garage.

Now what you didn't expect to see when the elevator doors to the garage opened was Steve Rogers leaning down and kissing Sharon Carter. Your heart twisted but you kept the emotion off your face. It wasn't like it wasn't any of your business. You told yourself constantly before that he was into Sharon. The fact that this pretty much proved your theory though...

"Ahem. Just passing through guys." You avoided looking at either of them as you pushed between them and past them.

"(Y/n)?"

You ignored Steve calling out to you as you dug through your bag for the keys to your '67 Chevy Impala.

You slid in quickly putting on your sunglasses and put the key into the ignition taking a deep breath as the engine roared to life. You may or may not have had a little bit of an addiction to the tv show Supernatural and you may or may not have had Tony find the car for you.

You finally took the chance to look over and see Steve start to walk towards you. You smiled at him. It may have been a little icy but you could only hide your feeling so much as you pulled out and sped off.

Again, it wasn't any of your business nor did you want any kind of explanation. You didn't even want to think about the little moment you had in the gym with him and every other little moment before that. After walking into that you weren't going to dwell on Steve Rogers any longer. You were (Y/n) fucking Stark for crying out loud. Like Thor said. Anyone would be lucky to have your affections.

You looked down at your watch and saw you were a little behind on picking Peter up. Hopefully, he didn't end up getting on the bus thinking you had flaked.

But as you pulled up in front of the school you smiled seeing Peter walking along the sidewalk with Ned. You pulled off and rolled the passenger window down.

"Peter Parker. The best little brother anyone could ask for." You smiled seeing him stop in his steps and grin as he leaned down gripping his backpack straps to look in.

"Your only little brother so I'm not sure how much of that is a compliment."

You laughed and rolled your eyes before leaning forward and giving a little wave to Ned. His cheeks turned pink and he awkwardly waved back.

"Need a ride, Ned?"

"No! It's uh fine!"

Peter gave his friend a quick pat on the back before hopping into the passenger seat.

Ever since you had met Peter you were immediately drawn to each other. At this point, you truthfully considered him like a brother. You usually dragged him everywhere with you whether it was just to the mall or just for a drive.

The car ride was quiet as you headed to your favorite ice cream shop.

"(Y/n), you're doing that thing."

You glanced over at Peter watching you with an eyebrow raised.

"What thing?" You looked at him confused before looking back at the road.

"That thing where you're chewing on your lip and look completely zoned out into your thoughts?"

"I do not chew on my lip." You replied as you immediately stopped chewing on your lip.

"Uhhuh. So, what is it? Steve?" Peter crossed his arms across his chest and turned his body to look at you expectantly.

You glanced over at him again and rolled your eyes.