5. Courtesy

Courtesy
(Chapter Two- part 2)

lol you thought

"I wanna ask if you or Wilbur aren't here for the throne." He paused. "Why did you join the competition?" Bad asked, breaking the deafening silence that had been following the boys since they left the other room, only their footsteps accompanying the silence.

Wilbur shrugged. "Well, it's part of a tradition. It was originally just meant for the brothers to help scope out potentially bad contestants. We joined for the same reasons and additionally, to find out which contestant is our sister."

"Wait- you don't even know where your sister is?!" Bad cried out. His eyes widened in disbelief. While his eyes were blank and without pupils, they glowed brightly in the dark halls of the empty palace.

"It's a long story," Techno mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. It was silent as they listened to the song of crickets.

"I'm pretty sure it's that girl with the mask," Wilbur whined. His body drooped as he looked at the floor dejectedly. The memory of when he saw the girl in the auditorium flashed through his mind, causing him to shiver, recalling the heavy air.

"Seriously." Dream grumbled. Shaking his head in disbelief, he facepalmed, groaning.

"Dream." A monotone voice called. The green boy cocked his head to the side so he could look at the pink-haired male. Techno's expression was bored, like usual. Though, an emotion glinted in his eyes, too quick for any of the boys able to depict. What emotion exactly was it?

Wilbur knew what it was, he too, felt that way. Both convinced themselves that they would never admit it, whether it be to themselves or anybody else. So basically,

The whole family is fucking stubborn.

Dream waited patiently to listen to what Techno had to say. As for Techno, he pondered as to how he wanted to choose his words. Though in the end, he sighed.

"I trust you more than the others with my sister." He shrugged. It was easy to tell that he was anything but passive when he said so. His shoulders were tense as he stared blankly at his shoes.

Dream wore a confused look as he turned his head to look at Wilbur. Wilbur looked back at Dream, meeting his curious gaze. Wilbur smiled sweetly. He chuckled while looking at the ceiling that glowed warmly due to the torches aligned along the wall.

Wilbur smiled as he turned his head to the sky. The air was warm, but the breeze was cool. The night was calm.

"Compared to all the other contestants, you're the only one that we think should be the one to marry our sister if so she chooses." Wilbur elaborated.

"But there's more to it, isn't there." He prodded for answers. Wilbur shrugged.

"Yeah, though it's not my place to tell. The patrols are almost done. Just be patient, Dream. The game hasn't even started yet; it begins tomorrow."