I'm So Sorry, But I Love You

He ran, pumping his legs as he accelerated with speed. He heard shouts from behind him, and raced through the alleyway. He knocked over a silver trash can, which fell and rolled on its side. He ducked to the back of a large building, which seemed to cast a shadow over him, blocking his view from the moon that hung overhead. He wiped the sweat from his forehead with the hem of his white shirt, which was stained with red. His hand trembled as he reached for his cell phone, and hesitantly dialed a number. Her number. He knew what he had done was wrong, and he knew that he had just risked everything he has, and could be caught by authorities at any time. Still, he didn’t care. He’ll do anything for her, as long as he can gain her love, no matter at what cost.

                                        “Hello? Rayne?! Where are you? What’s going on?!” the other end of the line shouted frantically. Her voice was sweet, and despite her panicked tone, his heart pounded at the sound of her voice. This is worth it, he thought. This is worth everything I’ve gone through, to hear her voice again…

                                        “Sandara?” he said. “Everything is going to be fine. Don’t worry.”

                                        “What do you mean things are going to be okay?! Why would you do something like this? Are you friggin crazy?!” Sandara shouted.

                                        He drew a long breath and sighed.

                        “I’m so sorry….. but I love you.” He said slowly.