❝ It's not like that, I swear on god! ❞ The desperate girl was evenly passionate to prove that she wasn't wronged like any reckless teen although she might not be from a highly standardized generation.

❝ Then what really happened..? Why did you say that you two went on a date? ❞ Mijin facepalmed while stressing out since she shouldn't have clumsily spat out those words at the wrong timing.

Licking her lips in an anxious attitude, the girl's reluctance was growing huge as the nerve system's overworking itself when it linked along with Jaemin's devastating black orbs.

❝ Well, that's umm....I had to do it in one condition. He knows my secret Jaemin and he made me sign a contract to become his girlfriend for two weeks and agreed to keep my secret safe for eternity. ❞

' Why in the world does a dumb deal like that exist? ' , thought Jaemin as he practically couldn't understand young adults these days.

❝ That's so childish, you guys aren't even marrying! The heck? Isn't he your stepsister's fiancé? ❞ The last reminder turned Mijin's chin down as a huge wave of guilt was overwhelming her.

What was she even doing?

Agreeing to Jongseong's words for her own secret's sake? Wasn't she wrong to snatch someone else's fiancé? Although Mijoo's mother's a nightmare for ruining her perfect family life, she didn't wanna be concluded a selfish person like them.

❝ He is.....❞

❝ Give me his phone number. ❞

-

Jongseong with puffy eye bags were greeted by his mother's playful smacks on the arm the first thing as he stepped inside their huge mansion.

❝ Ah! What was that for mom? ❞ The goofball seemed-unless he'd pretended to not know how worried his mom was for him after sleeping outside.

❝ You little rascal, where the hell was you the whole night?! ❞ Scrunching her nose, the middle-aged woman hit her son's arms not too harshly but to prove how concerned she was for him.

❝ I was at Sunghoon's-❞ Just when the quirky boy was gonna call out for his best pal's name, the woman interfered faster in his words. ❝ I've already called him last night and he said he didn't know as well. ❞ Dang, what a mother material Mrs Park was that Jay's even struggling to catch up.

❝ Pfft, did I say Sunghoon? I meant Jake, hehe. ❞ It was a close call-or not as the Aussie already paid a visit yesterday. ❝ He also came last night, searching for you since you didn't come to their game night. ❞ It was a dead-end of words for Jongseong as he couldn't think up further excuses to make.

❝ I promise I'll explain you in detail later mom. Feed me first please ma'am Park, I'm super duper hungry. ❞ Jongseong cooed before clinging onto his elaborate mother who's detecting him for unnecessary things.

❝ You're gonna be doomed if your father knows that you stayed outside the whole night without informing. ❞ , the naggy woman complains as Jongseong just awkwardly chuckled at his mother. ❝ My phone's battery died, mom. ❞

What will ever happen if Jay announces that he's willing to break the associated marriage between him and Hwang Mijoo?

What really did Jaemin mean by Mijin's stepsister?

-

Birds chirping so visibly was a good sign of a great day waiting ahead, right? Well, that's what Jongseong wanted to believe although he's tingly and saddened for Mijin to be still stuck with her curse. Well, of course, everything had to ruin all when a bitchy aura approached him first before Mijin could even make a move to shut his lips tight about how they had to stay together that day.

The extravagant high heels and a thick makeup-layered face was what Jongseong's always used to seeing. But not from a certain person who had turned their back on him after a long time ago.

The cheery boy's smile faded away onwards as Mijin's the first one to notice it from afar as she's preparing to approach him until a fancy feminine lady stood before Jongseong with a sly grin which surprised the rich boy a bit more than he'd expected.

❝ Long time no see, Park Jongseong. ❞

« end of a chapter »