The Babysitter (1D FanFic)

Author's note: Hi! This is my first story ever so if you read it and gave your opinion it would be awesome :)

xx Gabs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{Lou Teasdale's P.O.V}

     I arrived to the cafe were I was supposed to meet my aspiring babysitter. It was a nice place, it sort of reminded me of the coffee place where the Friend characters used to hang out. It had a few big tables, smaller tables with sofas as chairs, and a big couch in the center where a group of people were talking.

     Since there was no free space in the big tables, I sat down on one of the sofas near the door. Maybe I could guess who this girl was.

      The reason why I was sitting there waiting was because I was about to go on tour with the boys again, and I needed some to look after Lux while I was working. The problem was that the babysitter had to be able to be in the same room as One Direction without freaking out. Considering that most babysitters are girls, that was almost impossible.

      That's why I asked management to help me find one. They had set me up with a lot of people that they liked, the thing is that I did't. Some where too strict to look after a 3 year old, some were too boring and some did't even seem to have emotions! I wanted someone who actually CARED about Lux, not just keep an eye on her. Someone willing to take her to the park and tell bedtime stories. Last time I ask management for help.

       "Excuse me, are you Lou Teasdale?" a voice shock me out of my thoughts. I looked at the girl who had spoken to me. She had brown hair with some reddish highlights, beautiful greed eyes and a round face. She was staring at me and I could tell she was a little bit nervous. "Okay, she has feelings this is a good start" I thought.

"Yes, that's me" I answered smiling. She smiled in relief and sat in the sofa next to me.

"I'm so sorry I made you wait, have you been here for long?" She asked worried.

"No, just a couple of minutes, don't worry." I replied.

"Oh, okay" she smiled "my name is Rachel James by the way" She said as she held her hand for me to shake.

         I shaked it happily, I really liked this girl so far. She seemed to be the kind of person who was caring and confident. 

"Okay I'm gonna ask a couple of routine questions that are a bit more personal that the ones management asked you. After all they don´t know Lux very well" I said.

 "Sure go ahead." She answered.

"Are you aware that you will be spending time with One Direction and one of the most photographed babies in the world?" I asked. She nodded. "Okay, so be ready to face the paparazzi 24/7. Are you a Directioner?"

She took her time before answering the question. "Well," she began "I am a fan, but calling me a Directioner would be an overstatement. It's not like I know absolutely EVERYTHING about them, but I know the basics to be called a fan." 

"So you are not going to fangirl every time you see one of the boys. What was your last job?" I asked. Rachel smiled before she spoke.

"I was a columnist at a travel magazine. I would go around different spots around London and write about them. Places that you would only find if you knew your way around the city. Places like small art galleries, little restaurants, parks, stuff like that." Rachel finished.

"That sounds like a fun job! Why would you babysit a little girl over that?" I asked very surprised. All the other people I had interviewed were girls who wanted to be actresses and had never gotten a role, or women who used to be teachers and got tired, people whose old jobs were horrible. Iy had never occurred to me that I would find a young journalist applying to the job. 

Rachel just laughed at my question. "I want to be a writer, not a journalist. And I ran out of places to write about." She said smiling "So I decided to take that opportunity to go to school to become a writer. One of the teachers told me I needed to get out of the box and take a few risks."

"So you think babysitting my daughter is risky?" I replied jocking.

Rachel's smile ran away from her her face. "N-no! I didn't mean that! I meant that babysitting Lux would be a different job, a bit unusual but exciting!"

I just couldn't hold it anymore. I just burst out laughing at my naeive babysitter. Rachel James was just what I needed. She had feelings and she could tell bedtime stories to Lux. Lux was going to love her and so were the boys.

Suddenly I realized I has been laughing for like 5 minutes and Rachel was looking at me confused. I calmed down in order to give her the new.

"You do realize you go the job right?" I said between laughter. Rach's face just lit up with a adorable smile.

"Thank you! I won't disappoint you, I promise!" She said happily as she gave a hug.

I can tell she will do well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo?? What did you think?? Please vote