Chapter 12 : A Well "Fought" First Date

She was silently waiting for him to speak, her heart beats fastened anticipating his surprise. She had never felt this excited in a long time, yes she had been in several relationships before but the way, Ajeeb - no I should start calling him by his name! - Abir has made her feel in a span of couple of days she knew that this would be different.

"Open them."

She opens her eyes slowly, his hazel orbs were filled with mixed emotions - he was nervous, excited and scared at the same time. He directs her eyesight towards his hands, it was difficult for her to look away - the caramelized eyes felt safe - yet she glances towards his hands. She froze as soon as she notices the bracelet in his hands, is it for real?

She couldn't believe her eyes, the bracelet which she had lost years ago was finally in front of her. The one for which she had cried and dried her eyes for days, months - how was it possible? This must be some sick joke.

"What the hell, Abir?"

He felt a tinge of pain in his heart, he was not expecting her to take his name in anger. He had been waiting patiently for her to take his name, hear it from her sweet voice - maybe it would even sound better then - all his dreams were shattered within seconds.

"Mishti, please don't be upset. Listen to me first.." he holds her shoulders.

"Don't!" she gets up immediately and escapes his hold.

"I have a lot to say. You need to hear me out, ok. Trust me, you'll feel much better." he stands up.

"I don't think so I can ever trust you. I am going." she turns to leave.

He holds her hands and stops her,

"Abir, leave me. Just don't!" she responds rudely, jerking away his hands.

"Ok, fine. Lekin ek baar meri baat toh sun lo yaar.. Please." he pleads.

Mishti looks at him, his eyes were dilated and she knew she had given in to his request - "Stupid! I hate how his eyes are just so compelling!"

"You have two minutes to explain yourself."

"What? Is this a..." he was shocked.

"I'm out of here" she starts walking away.

"I know.. I know it was a terrible mistake! I shouldn't have stolen it from you as a revenge when we were kids... but Angrychorni we were never friends... or lovers... we were haters..." he looks at her.

Her eyebrows creased as she tried to make sense of his apology. He hated time limits!

"I knew what this bracelet meant to you.. no I mean I didn't know what it meant.." he scratches his head in confusion and continues his ramble,
"Obviously if I had known it I would have never taken it in the first place..." he pauses for a second.

"Most probably..." he said a little unsure of himself.

"What?" she shakes her head angrily and  looks at her watch, he stammers and continues,

"Scratch the last bit, I... I am returning this to you now, because I like you.. no I mean, I am returning it to you not because I like you.."