Chapter 2

(BE CAREFUL THERE WILL BE SELF-HARMING IN THIS CHAPTER)

When Tian got close to his house, he sees Phupha outside. What is he doing here? Tian wondered. He walked closer and closer until Phupha finally sees him and goes down the steps immediately. He looked worried for some reason.

"What are you doing here?" Tian asked.

"Where have you been? The storm is about to start. When I asked your friend where you were, he said you went out." Phupha said.

Tian remembered the pills he is holding and hid them behind his back. Phupha noticed the not-so-subtle movement Tian did and had looked at him suspiciously.

"What are you hiding behind you?" Phupha asked.

"Nothing." Tian said while shaking his head.

Phupha did not believe him and reach behind his back, almost looking like they were hugging. Phupha took the plastic from Tian's hand and looked at them.

"What's with the pills?" Phupha asked.

"Nothing, okay? Just leave me alone." Tian said as he took the plastic.

He walked to the steps and was about to open the door when suddenly he felt a hand hold his arm and made him turn around. He was met with a pair of eyes that always made him weak. Phupha's face was so close that if he move even a little bit, they are going to kiss. Phupha wasn't sure what has gotten into him but he had this feeling of pure worry for Tian. Not because he is the volunteer teacher that he needs to look after but because there is something about Tian that draws him in.

They stared at each other for a few minutes like there is no tomorrow. They suddenly heard coughing and Phupha stepped back while Tian turned around to face his friend.

"Oh! Don't mind me here, just continue on your moment." Tul snickered.

Tian glared at him but Tul only looked at him innocently. Phupha cleared his throat and silently walked away just as he nodded at them. Tian looked at Tul and pulled him inside the house.

"Did I cockblock you or something?" Tul laughed. "Stop glaring at me."

"There was nothing going, okay?" Tian defensively said.

"Hey, I'm not saying anything here." Tul raised his hands up while laughing.

Tian just shook his head and went to his bag to put the pills inside. He can feel Tul's stare at him but he didn't want to look. He knows Tul is getting suspicious.

"So, you bought some pills. Are those pills actually good for your heart?" Tul asked. He can imagine how Tul is crossing his arms now.

"Yeah, they are. Also..." Tian took a deep breath. "I told P'Yod and P'Khama and Longtae. I told them the truth." He finally said.

"What? Well, what did they say?" Tul asked.

"They didn't blame me but... I know deep inside how hurt they are and how they might've been forcing themselves to not blame me. To forgive me." Tian said.

"Ai'Tian, they forgave you and did not blame you because you didn't mean to. You didn't know that you would hit her, you didn't know!" Tul said.

"I wish I did knew, so I could've prevented it." Tian said, memories coming back up inside his mind.

"Things have happened already, we can't change the past." Tul reasoned out.

"It doesn't matter. We are leaving the night after tomorrow. So best to pack your things tomorrow." Tian said.

"Does Chief Phupha know?" Tul asked.