Part Nineteen

The party is already full of people when we get downstairs, and we head over to the bar to grab a drink which is where we meet up with some of the others.

"You two look amazing." Nat says, handing us glasses of dark red punch.

"Thank you Natasha, so do you." She's dressed as Kim Possible, from a television show that we were introduced to a couple of weeks ago.

We all have a drink, laughing and chatting for a while until I hear a whisper in my ear.

"You look very scary." I turn around to find Bucky, dressed in a white button up and black pants.

"Where's your costume?" I ask with a frown on my face.

"Oh shoot, I must've forgotten to put it on." He smirks at me and my frown deepens.

"James Buchanan Barnes this is a halloween party, you should be in costume!" Using my magic I whip up a pair of wolf ears and place them on his head.

"There you go."

He rolls his eyes at me and I can't help but smile.

"It could be worse." He says and reaches past me to grab himself a drink.

I'm about to say something smart back to him but Wanda grabs me and pulls me out to the dance floor.

We spend what feels like hours dancing, completely caught up in the ridiculousness of the night, both drinking more than we probably should but not caring about it.

"Okay I need a break, my feet are killing me!" Wanda says and I let her pull me away from the makeshift dance-floor to grab another drink and sit down.

"Why is this drink green?" I ask with a giggle.

"It's halloween themed." Loki comes over and sits next to us holding his own green drink.

"Ah my wonderful brother, there you are!" He laughs and rolls his eyes at me.

"You're drunk Althea."

"No you're drunk." I tap his nose and laugh.

"You should get some fresh air." As he says that I do start to notice that it's feeling quite warm inside, so without a word I do as he says and walk outside, taking in a deep breath of fresh air.

"Bucky Barnes, why do I always find you creeping around outside at night time?" He turns to look at me and I stumble slightly as I walk towards him.

"Someone's had a bit to drink haven't they?" He laughs at me and helps me sit down.

"The last drink I had was green."

"Was it now?"

"Yeah it was, Loki said it was halloween themed." I turn to look at him and notice he's staring down at me.

"Why do you always look at me like that?" I whisper, and he looks at me confused.

"Like what?"

"You look all serious and stuff. Like this-" I try to mimic the face that he makes but the way he laughs makes me think I'm not doing it right.

"You're adorable." He says once he's done laughing.

I look back up at him and he starts looking at me like that again.

"You're doing it again. It makes my tummy feel funny and my heart go nuts." My voice is a whisper again and my eyes are locked on his.

"Should I stop?" He replies and I shake my head.

"I love it." I place his hand over my heart so he can feel it going crazy, "see?" He laughs at me again and I frown at him.

"Wrong hand doll." I look down and he's right, I've grabbed his metal arm by mistake and I can't help but join him in the laughter.

"Oops." He takes his other hand and laces his fingers through mine.

"I like spending time with you." I say

"I like spending time with you too." He replies and I shake my head.

"I don't mean just like, I like it. You make me feel all happy inside, and even when I'm not with you I'm always thinking about you, I even picked a different halloween costume so that we would match, but I thought it might be weird since well, I don't really know what this is. Like I know we kiss and have boinked before and it's been great, but we've never actually talked about it and so I don't know if you feel what I feel and I almost don't want to ask because if you don't feel the way that I do then that's really going to suck and I'd rather just keep up what we're doing than lose it all but I feel like I'm going crazy keeping all of this to my-" He interrupts my drunk rambling with a kiss and I realise what I just said.

"Oh my god, please forget I just said that I-"

"Althea, stop talking." He places his hands on either side of my face and looks me in the eyes.

"Of course I feel the same way, I'm just not great at this kind of thing. I don't know what I'd do without you."

A smile takes over my face and I reach forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him deeply. We sit there for a moment, completely wrapped up in each other until he pulls back.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"You said you have another costume?" He raises his eyes at me and I roll my eyes at him.

I stand up in front of him and transform my costume into the back-up that Wanda told me to get, little red riding hood to go with the White Wolf.

"So that we'd match

"So that we'd match." I say, a blush running to my cheeks.

"You're too much." He stands up so that he's towering over me and I bite my lip looking up at him.

"I want you to be mine."

I almost gasp at his words and can feel my heart beating faster.

"Do you want that?" He asks and all I can do is nod in response. Without another word he picks me up and places his lips on mine, kissing me with more passion than I knew was possible.

I can't believe it, now it's official. He is mine and I am his.