"Y/N!" Aaron was now screaming your name and that got you back into reality. You immediately stood still and went silent.

"Strauss came to that conclusion because of the day off, the fight we had, because she saw the footage of your kidnapping where you were completely inside of your head and she got the information that you acted completely different in the last time. She asked me if I knew what the reason for this was." He looked at you with a kind of sad look.

"What did you told her?" You knew that romantic relationships between coworkers are not the thing that a boss likes to see. And you didn't know what she would do if she found out that all of that happened, because you and Aaron had a thing.

"I told her that you went through a breakup and that you're not completely over it yet." He admitted. "You didnt tell her that it was you right?" You really hoped that he didn't. The last thing you wanted was the he got in trouble because of you.

"Of course not. But I have to write a report about your work after every case so she can make sure that you are still able to be in this team." His voice calmed down again and you did too. You sat down on the bed again and he did the same.

"I'm sorry Aaron. I didnt wanted to cause so much trouble for you." Your fingers immediately started to play with the hem of your shirt. "Thats not what I wanted."

He took your hands in his to prevent you from fiddling with your shirt and to calm you down. "Its okay. I didn't thought that what we had would take such turns. But when I'm going to write my report I have to be honest. So I'm begging you right now. Dont do something you'd might  regret later okay? Dont let her make the suspension real." You looked up to him while he talked. He meant what he said and of course did he had to be honest in his report and you're not going to force him to lie.

Leaning your head onto his shoulder you said "I just dont get it. Everyone of the team had some personal trouble at some point but why is she using it against us?" He put his arm around you and caressed your back.

"Because she wants to punish me. She knows that this team is everything I have left and she wanted me to leave since I started as the unit chief. But we'll get through this okay? Dont worry." "Okay." Was all you said. You sat there like this for a couple of minutes before he turned to you.

"Y/n that was not the only thing u wanted to talk about." You turned around to him and put your left leg up on the bed. "Please don't tell me that you have more bad news, if yes. I'm gonna leave that conversation for another day." Massaging your temples you let out a single laugh. Aaron just smiled at you and shook his head.

"No. No more bad news for today I promise. I wanted to talk about this morning." You almost forgot about that. Suddenly it felt kinda awkward that you did this. Not that you didnt enjoyed it. Its just kind of weird because you and him are in a weird stage of your relationship. If you can call it like that.

"I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable." You scratched the back of your head and tried to avoid his eyes, but aaron clearly had other plans.

"Are you kidding me? It was everything but that. Its just that it was so unexpected. You said you wanted space and time, that we will be friends again. But I dont think that friends are doing what you did this morning. Dont get me wrong. Its not that I didn't enjoyed that but I just want to know if thats really what you want." He began to play with your hair and laid a hand on your thigh.

"Aaron I thought about that a lot. Well not exactly about that, that happened this morning. To be honest that was kinda spontaneous, but I thought about us a lot." You were picking invisible strings of his suit again, but continued to talk.