A Friend?

TW: nasty dude (not Remus) being a creep and bully

Virgil was so thankful for the school map he was given because wow this school was big. Three whole stories, well technically two and a basement.

He had his first class in L405, so that had to be in the basement. Looking at the map he saw he was right, now all he had to do was not get lost.

"Knock it off, Justin, I'm not interested." Virgil heard someone say very loudly.

He looked over and saw a girl in a blue skirt talking to a guy bigger than Virgil. Virgil rolled his eyes at the sight, just by looking at the kid he could tell that he was the typical blonde haired bully.

"Oh come on, Cindy, you know you won't find anyone better than me," the kid, Justin, told her.

Virgil walked past them, it wasn't his business and he shouldn't get involved. He had geometry to get to.

"Hey, let me go!" Cindy shouted.

Virgil sighed, already regretting what he was about to do. He turned back towards them, seeing Justin had a firm grip on Cindy's arm.

"Hey big guy, let her go," Virgil said, grabbing Justin's shoulder. He would rather handle this calmly. "She's clearly uncomfortable-"

Virgil was cut off as Justin backhanded him, making Virgil fall back.

"Get lost, you're clearly new here so I'll let you off with a warning," Justin sneered. "This is my school, so run along before I teach you what happens to kids who get in my way."

"Well I'm also new here," a voice piped up, and Virgil saw someone standing behind Justin. "So why don't you teach me what happens."

"Who-" slap!

Virgil winced in sympathy at the loud slap that echoed in the hall. Good thing there weren't any teachers around to hear it. The new kid had smacked Justin hard enough to make him take a few steps back.

"Did you just hit me?!" Justin shouted.

"Yeah, do you want me to do it again? Cause I'll gladly do so." The other kid must have worked out or played sports, because he looked strong and held himself like so. He had brown wavy hair and brown eyes, a few freckles sprinkled his face.

Justin just growled, "Whatever, I'll deal with you later. Both of you." He shot Virgil a glare before walking away.

"Are you okay?" the new kid and Cindy asked Virgil at the same time.

"Y-yeah," Virgil answered, rubbing his cheek as he stood up. "He didn't hit me that hard, honestly, I just lost my balance."

"Well thank you, both of you for standing up for me like that," Cindy told them. "What are your names?"

"You may call me Roman," Roman said while bowing slightly.

"I'm Virgil." He shrugged. "I should be getting to my class, it's downstairs."

"Oh, mine too!"

"Well you're welcome to talk to me later," Cindy told them. "I owe you."

"Nah, we just showed some human decency," Virgil told her, making Roman chuckle quietly. "Make sure you stay safe."

"You too, Justin did mean it when he said he'd get you back so seriously be careful."

With that happy note, Cindy turned and walked off to her class.

"Well, what class do you have?" Roman asked as the two of them started walking towards the stairs, Virgil noticed he started fidgeting with his necklace that had a green gem on it.