5-A Day At The Carnival

Start from the beginning

Rori stared at it like it was foreign. "What is that?" He asked. "Is it a new type of phone or something?"

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Its a flip phone." I said. "Old model though."

"A flip phone?" He said. "I thought the oldest models were black berries. I didn’t know those existed."

I laughed and dialed my mom's number. She answered. "Mom, I’m going to the carnival and don’t need a ride." I said.

"Okay, have fun dear."

"Bye." I hung up. Rori still stared at my phone.

"Can i touch it?"

"Lets go." I said. He smiled and began walking me to his car.

The carnival was something I hated ever since I was a kid. I never rode the rides. I only ate the food and drank the soda. I had a fear of heights, and spinning objects, and falling metal. My lack of trying to get rid of that fear has limited me for years.

Rori had a tight grip on my hand. He had a child's smile on as he pulled me through all around the carnival. "Do you have extra money?" He asked. I shook my head. He bit his lip. He then looked over to a kid i saw around school. "Stay here." He said.

Rori walked over to the kid and stood real close to him. The kid looked terrified. Rori spoke to him for a bit and the kid pulled out two twenties and handed it to him. He smiled and walked back over to me.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"A friend let me borrow money." He said.

I didn’t buy it. "He looked like he was about to shit himself."

"He always does."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, I want to go on the Ferris wheel. I heard it goes higher than the trees."

I felt myself about to throw up. Higher than the trees? What need do people have to be higher than the trees? "How about you go, and I sit here?" I sat down at a nearby bench.

"Come on Kingo,"

"Ben, my name is Ben."

"You never like to have fun." He said.

I  huffed and looked down at the ground. "Idontlikeheights." I said quickly.

"What?" He asked.

"I. Do. Not. Like. Heights." I said.

He stared down at me for a second, and then he smiled. "Awe." He said. "You're scared of heights. And here i was thinking you were a tough boy."

"I'm not scared of them. I just dislike them."

He sat next to me and stared down at me with his inquisitive eyes. "Lying doesn’t change the truth." He said. "But facing it can."

"I'm not riding anything over my height."

He laughed. "That narrows it down to nothing."

I stood up and removed my glasses. I rubbed my eyes feeling the sun set in them. "Can we just do something else." I said. My heart was beating fast. Every time I thought of going on something so high I got so flustered and scared. "Please."

He nodded and snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Let's go win you a fish then, huh?"

I smiled. "I'd rather you win me a giant bear."

He chuckled. "Anything for you."

I was starting to like Rori. He didn’t seem all that bad anymore. We actually bonded over things, like his love for movies. He also loved listening to the music I listened to. Although he was still cocky, and egotistical, he was a decent guy.

Rori had won me one giant stuffed bear with a giant red bow on it. He told me to name it after him, so I named it Rorusen. It would fit nicely on my giant bed. He and I got something to eat on the way home and he had just dropped me off.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"I don’t know. James doesn’t like you."

He frowned. "That's a shame." He said. "I was really hoping he would."

Why? It wasn’t like his approval meant anything. I got out of the car. Rori rolled down the window. "Thanks for the bear." I said pulling it out of the window. "I needed something to practice my boxing on."

He laughed. "I hope you're not doing that to it because of it's name."

"Of course not." I said dryly. "I'll see you tomorrow."

He waved and drove away. I walked to the gate and it opened for me. I guess James expected me. It took me five minutes to get to the door. It opened when I got to it and revealed my mom's worried face.

"Ben." She said hugging me. "What's this?"

"A bear my friend won for me at the carnival." I told her.

"You made a friend." She asked.

"I guess I did." I said. "He ain’t no Jose though."

She let me in more. "Diner is on the table. You can eat with James and I."

I was full, but I wasn’t going to be rude and reject. She took the bear from me. "I'll put this in your room." I nodded.

I took a right and walked through the archway that led to the kitchen and dining room. I walked down the hallway and opened the second door. James sat eating his food in the room.

"How was the carnival?" He asked as I walked in and sat down.

"Dandy." I said grabbing a plate of strawberries.

"Did you ride any rides?"

I shook my head. "No." I spoke.

He nodded. "Did you have funnel cake?"

"Yes." I was hoping my one word responses would give off that I didn’t want to talk to him. He just pursed his lips and kept talking.

"There's a school formal coming up." He said. "Are you thinking of going?"

I shook my head. There wasn’t any girl in that school who I would consider. Not to mention they'd probably want to date someone with larger assets. I finished my strawberries and got up to leave. "I'm going to bed." I said.

"I want to talk to you Benedict." He said. "Get to know you. Maybe you'll see I'm not that bad as a dad." 

"And I want a 2014 BMW I8, but we don't all get what we want." I turned around and walked out of the dining room, passing my mom. I wished her goodnight and went upstairs.

The Bully's Boy(BoyXBoy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara