Chapter One: The Old McAiden House

Start from the beginning

"I'm only fifteen, I'm too young to die... pleaseplease... I don't wanna die, " she whimpered as shecrept slowly and then rushed down the hall to her brother's doorbefore peeking inside, seeing him laying upside down on the floorwith his feet propped on the bed as he was reading a comic book whilelistening to something far too loud in his earphones since she couldhear the light sounds of drums coming from them, she could even makeout some of the words in the song from where she was standing... Shereally didn't understand why everyone her brother's age thought thatloud music was so cool, her mother kept warning him he'd lose theability to hear. But he never listened, Cat believed he already musthad lost most of hearing already....

Taking a deep breath, Cat began tip toeing to her room slowly fora few steps before rushing to open her door, flicking on her lightquickly before slamming the door shut behind her. She sighed inrelief as she leaned against her door of her sanctuary, her roomseemed to be the least frightening in the house to her, even beforeshe put all her stuff into it. She had strung lights all along theupper walls and around her bed for and extra feeling of comfort,feeling that light was the best defense against anything lurking inthe darkness of the house, before looking up at the few walllights in her room... she was very happy that the old house was atleast wired with electricity and she didn't have to walk around withcandles like in old movies which would have only made things morecreepy than it already was, plus she kept picturing herself in a longwhite gown running from a ghoul and tripping, setting one of thelarge red tapestries that hung in the hall on fire before gettingcaught and eaten... Cat cringed as she played the scene in her mind.She really needed to stop watching old scary movies.

Running to her bed she jumped upon it and dove under the purplebutterfly blankets with her clothes still on, her safest place as shetook a deep breath and reached under her pillow and pulled out herpink flashlight, though the room was lit up she felt safer with it inher hands, just in case the lights went out for some reason... Shewas prepared. Cat just sat there under her covers for a long moment,as if just waiting for for something terrible to happen... But ofcourse, like for the last week of being there nothing seemed tohappen, and slowly she pulled back the blankets and poked her headout.

Nothing... slowly came out from under her covers, her flashlightclenched in her right hand before she took a deep sigh of relief.Giggling a little to herself for being so silly and making thisalmost a ritual every night she slipped back onto the floor andlooked around,

"Come on Cat, stop being scared, mom is right... itsjust an old house, nothing bad is going to happen."she whispered to herself trying to convince herself of this veryfact. Pulling her shoulders back she put on a brave face and shemoved over to her desk, her brown eyes looking about still a bitnervous as she did her best to be brave and pulled her hoodie tighteraround herself, "Why is it so cold all the time" shemuttered as it seemed it old got colder, as she turned on her laptopand sat down. She watched and waited for the low glow of the screenand the logo as it came on, but for some reason that's not whathappened... She stared as the screen flickered blue and then black.Cat's heart began thumping in her chest thinking the computer hadsome kind of virus, "Oh no, no, mom's gonna kill me if I got abug," she whimpered knowing nothing about fixing computers, but asshe watched the screen she began to get goose bumps as it then turnedan eerie orange color and then as it began to glow a deep purplecolor before it went black again, the small white dash in the cornerflashing.

"Okay... computer is wigging out, maybe its not a bigdeal... Max, he can fix this"

she said as she got up quickly with her flashlight in hand and ranout of her room, rushing to his and bursting in, "MAX! MAXHELP!" she shouted as she fell onto her knee's next tohim, causing him to shout out being startled, his comic flug acrossthe room as his eyes were white and his face drained of color as hepulled his ear phones off,