2.0

Andy Lawrence was never one for dating or even feelings. It wasn't until Miguel Diaz walked into her life that she liked her first boy. But now, she was going on a date with one of her best friends. It scared her, really it did.

"You're gonna be fine." Aisha put a hand on her friends shoulder as the two walked down the hall.

"This is Eli we're talking about. Little shy Eli who I had to beat people up for. I don't know what that hair did to him but i'm tempted to cut it off." She sighed. "Plus i'm not even 100% sure I like him. I mean the past half year has been Miguel Miguel Miguel."

"All I can say as your best friend is go on this one date with him. If you end up not liking him, just tell him that."

"Why do men have to be so complicated?" Andy groaned as the bell rang and she was forced away from her friend.

Saturday was finally here and Andy had never been more nervous in her life. Her father was out at the dojo doing private lessons with new students to get them caught up. He only did it for the money, but also so he didn't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

"Andy?" The girl jumped at the sudden sound of Miguel.

"My room!"

Footsteps followed and soon Miguel pushed open the door and saw her wreck of a room.

"Whoa what happened here?" He laughed.

"I have a stupid date and I can't figure out what to wear."

Silence. It was a suffocating silence. Miguel took in her words, registering that she in fact, was going on a date. He hated it, hated the idea of her going out with someone. Hugging, holding hands, laughing, kissing.

Wait-Do I like her?

Miguel had always thought he liked Sam. His mind had always been SamSamSam. But as he thought more about it, he realized Andy was always in the back of his mind. He was always thinking about her whether or not he wanted to. Randomly thinking about her and wondering how her day was. Wondering if she wanted to go over for dinner or to spend the night. Wanting to constantly spend time with her.

He did like her. But he was too late.

"That's...uh that's great! Who with?"

"Hawk. Can you help me?" Miguel gave a single nod as he walked into the room further. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, just uh tired. I was up late studying, forgot it was Friday." He smiled at her in reassurance. She looked like she didn't believe him. "I'm alright, okay? Let's make you look good."

They spent an hour just picking an outfit. Mostly because they kept goofing off in between. Then after outfit, Miguel patiently waited while she took a shower, then helped her dry her hair.

"Since you're helping me so much with this, I can help you with Sam~" Andy smirked as she did her hair. "Any progress in that department?"

Miguel wanted to avoid the subject. He just realized he liked his best friend, he didn't want to think about the girl he also might have feelings for.

"Some, we talk sometimes." Miguel nodded. "She's cool."

"Cool? Yeah you talk about her everyday." Miguel frowned a bit.

"So why Hawk?" Miguel questioned as Andy put the last of the pieces of herself together. He was staring at the ceiling, wanting her end look to be a surprise. "Is he the guy you were telling me about the other day?"

"Uh, no. That guy I gave up on. Which is why I'm going out with Hawk. I mean, it can't hurt, can it? It's one silly date and even if I don't like him I can cut things off in a romance way." Andy shrugged.

"By the way you freaked out over your outfit, I'd say you like him." Miguel laughed.

"I might...I'm not sure yet. My minds been so clouded with that guy it's hard to think of someone else." She sighed, looking at herself in the mirror before deeming herself ready. "What do you think?"

Looking up finally, Miguel finally got to look at her. A smile bloomed on his face as he let his eyes roam her body.

"You're beautiful, An."

"Thanks Diaz." She reached up to hug him. "I have no idea what I would do without you."

Miguel smiled sadly into her shoulder. He couldn't help it. Of course he had to realize too late that he wanted her, because now he was too late. Someone else had snatched her before he could.

"I'm gonna head out now, okay? Text me when he picks you up and call me when you get home so I know you're safe. And if you want to be picked up early or feel uncomfortable call me and I'll make my YiaYia come get you." He smiled, pulling away.

"I don't want to see that image. She would probably wack the mohawk right off." The two laughed at the mental image. "Thank you seriously. I'll see you later?"

He gave a nod and turned to leave. Andy watched him go, making a mental note to ask if he was okay later. He had been off ever since she told him about the date. Shrugging it off, she went back to getting ready.

Meanwhile Miguel walked into his apartment sadly. His mother glanced at Rosa in confusion. When Miguel said he was going to hangout with Andy they expected him to be gone for hours, not only one. Not only that, he came back looking like a kicked puppy.

"Miggy? Everything okay?" Carmen hesitantly asked.

"I-I was too late. He got to her before I could..." He looked down sadly. Rosa smiled in sympathy and walked over to hug him.

"Nothing is set in stone. These are high school relationships, Miguel, they're not bound to last. You and Andy are soulmates. You always find your way back to each other." The woman whispered strongly, truly believing her words.

"You think we're soulmates...?" Miguel glanced at his grandma then his mother.

"We know it." Carmen smiled lightly, joining the hug. "No road is smooth, there's always bumps before you get to your destination."