Miwa took in a deep breath, closing her eyes and planting her feet firmly in the ground. I'll use my New Shadow Style: Simple Domain to cut the blade of her scythe! That should catch her off guard!

Miwa swiftly drew her sword, swiping it in a half circle motion. Her hair flew upwards as the wind blew, gracefully dropping back to her shoulders. When she opened her eyes, she noticed no one was around, another than Megumi and Kamo, who were battling each other in the distance.

Now that she thought about it, she didn't feel anything make contact with her blade. ...Where did she go!?

She then heard branches snap above her, Miwa tilting her head up to see y/n hanging upside on a string like Spider-Man. SHE'S FAST!

While Miwa had her eyes closed to focus on creating her domain, y/n had created a string with a grappling hook attached to the end, pulling herself up into a tree. Glad I was able to think so fast.

Y/n twirled down back onto the ground, quickly kicking Miwa in the stomach. The blue haired girl gagged, the power of y/n's kick knocking her off her feet.

Miwa stumbled through the dirt before eventually landing on her feet, digging her heels in the ground to stop her sliding. This isn't good...she's...

Miwa looked up to see y/n sprint to her, a blood scythe summoning from her palm.

...She's as fast as Maki Zenin!

Y/n swung her scythe at Miwa in a figure 8 motion, the blue haired girl deflecting each swipe with the blade of her sword. It was obvious Miwa was struggling, prompting y/n to strike even harder. Just a little more...

With each attack, Miwa was being pushed back. It was no use. At this rate, her blade would break—

"CORN!!"

"Huh?" Miwa and Kamo paused, Megumi and y/n jumping back towards the center.

Megumi threw his wooden tonfa staffs into the air, y/n doing the same with her scythe.

Y/n and Megumi flew past each other, before landing back onto the ground and catching each other's weapons.

THEY SWITCHED WEAPONS!? Kamo and Miwa gasped.

Megumi quickly grabbed y/n's scythe, twirling it in his hand as he dashed to Miwa.

As for y/n, she grabbed Megumi's tonfas in each hand as they dropped from the air, gripping the wooden sticks firmly as she charged to Kamo.

So far, everything is going...

according to plan.

4 minutes earlier

Megumi leaned back against y/n, bringing his mouth towards her ear. "...Got a plan?"

"...Yeah, but it's sort of risky...Let's turn and switch places. I'll take on Miwa, you take on Kamo. When I wear out her blade just enough...

we switch weapons and opponents."

Megumi's eyebrows shot up. "Why don't you just break her blade when you have the chance? Going up against Kamo could be dangerous."

"I know, that's the risky part. But if we keep the battle going for too long, Miwa and Kamo will get used to our techniques. So if we switch places a second time, it'll through them off balance, and they'll have to start that process over.

Rather than attacking with the intent to tag them with our gadgets, we should wear them out. When their guard is down, we can catch them by surprise and throw the gadget at them.

As for Kamo, I just can't let him touch me. I learned from Nanami that I need to keep my guard up at all times, even after an injury."

Megumi felt himself grin. "Okay, I trust you. That's one hell of a plan."

"Maki's ability to create strategies so fast, inspired me to think quicker in tight situations...When I yell corn, that's when we switch, okay?"

"...Corn?"

"...I'm kinda craving it at the moment."

"Huh...So you do crave real food."

. . .

Megumi banged the blade of the scythe against Miwa's sword, her weapon instantly breaking into two. OH NO!!

He slipped his hand into the pocket of his utility belt, grabbing a gadget and chucking it at Miwa. One down...one to go.

The gadget landed on Miwa's chest, the light turning a bright green, indicating that she had been tagged. She sighed. "Aw man!! Fighting in the dark is really difficult!"

"Thank you for the fight." Megumi bowed to his upperclassman, Miwa choking with surprise. "N-No need to thank me! It was great practice!—"

Suddenly, they heard someone choke on their own blood, Megumi quickly turning around to see y/n hunched over, holding her stomach.

...Y/n?

Y/n?