Momo Yaoyorozu X Quirkless Reader: Confidence

Start from the beginning

Momo sighed and turned to punk rock fan. "It is about (y/n)." Momo said. Jirou misinterpreted the reason and began smirking. "Oh, thinking about your crush?" Jirou chuckled. Momo's face of worry then became red from embarrassment as she tried to shush her friend. "Shh, quiet!" Momo whispered. Although they were far from the others and speaking so low it was unlikely they could hear them she didn't want anyone else to hear about her feelings for you.

It was true that Momo does have feelings for you, but it was more than just a crush as it recently began to feel more like love. Momo first realized her attraction when you helped her regain her self confidence after her defeat at the sports festival. This resulted in a lot of compliments and hugs given to the ponytailed recommended student. Ever since then the two of you got closer this started Momo to start wishing she could be as close she is with you more than you two usually are.

Momo figured it out shortly after moving into the dorms and not wanting to be rejected kept her feelings a secret from everyone else. Jirou wasn't even supposed to know, but Momo accidentally let it slip one day and led to the two talking about Momo and her secret feelings. "OK. OK. What is it?" Jirou asked, now getting serious.

Momo sighs and looks at the building you are in. "(y/n) hasn't looked as happy as she usually does after losing her/his quirk. I'm afraid that if this keeps going that she/he might decide to leave the school. And I don't know what to do." Momo said, heartbroken at the thought of you actually leaving the academy.

The girl couldn't imagine what her life would have been like if you weren't in her class and she didn't know what to do if the person she really cared for left. Momo usually always had the answer when it came to problems involving math, heroics and quirks. Unfortunately for herself she is as clueless about expressing or understanding love as a toddler.

She couldn't help, but tear up a little at the image of you leaving before she can even tell you how much you mean to her. The only reason she doesn't tear up more is when she feels a pat on the back from her friend. "Well if you want I could tell you what I would recommend." Jirou said as she couldn't help but nod as she couldn't think of what to do.

Jirou took a big breath in and then exhaled. "Look if you are really worried then voice your concerns to her/him and see if you are right or overreacting. If (y/n) is actually thinking of it then I recommend you do your best to convince her/him to stay, but saying how much they are needed and how much they have done. I would say tell more people to back up your point, but I think out of everyone saying it you would be the most sentimental and important for them to hear. And I am not just saying it so you get closer to her/him." Jirou said.

Momo mentally slapped herself for not thinking that sooner, but took the advice nonetheless. She decided to do what Jirou recommended and would talk to you once all of classes were over for the day.

XXX Time Skip XXX

Once classes were finished everyone in class 1a went to their dorms to do homework, relax or do other things that needed to be done. You moved more of your shirts to your suitcase as of recently you felt like you no longer should be at UA and would be leaving soon, so you started putting more clothes in there so you wouldn't take long to pack when what you felt like the inevitable was going to happen.

As you were walking to your suitcase with shirts in hand you then heard a knock on the door. You froze in place as you weren't expecting anyone to come by, but calmed down when you heard who the voice belonged to. "(y/n), are you in there?" Momo asked, making you sigh happily.

Besides Momo's lack of knowledge on expression love, the young brainiac didn't know that her feelings were reciprocated by you. It was hard for you to tell when exactly you feel for her, but you knew you were in love with Momo Yaoruzo after spending more time working on her self confidence with her. Everything about Momo amazed you. How smart she was. How determined she can get. How she is probably one of if not the nicest person in the class. If it weren't for her you probably would have left UA already.