Love By Any Other Name...

So, I've been looking for a new fanfiction site for while, and this one seems promising! I've got two OC for Harry Potter and I figured why not try it out here? Violet Delapaz and Indigo Paulino are two witch born on the same day- Valentines Day of all Days -but born from different parents. Now I won't get too far into it, I'll leave the story for that, but I will warn that Indigo is paired with Draco and Violet with George Weasley. So, I don't own Harry Potter- I have to say that for legal purposes :-p -hence why this is FANFICTION. Enjoy, post a comment, vote whatever you please. Even if you hate it, say something.

Love By Any Other Name

Chapter One: Meeting Someone Can Change Your Life

Indigo POV:

We met by accident; Violet and I, I mean. She's a pure blood, I'm only half blood, and my Da was taking me to Diagon Alley. Of course Mum had to have a mission for the Ministry that weekend so my muggle father was lost, and so was I. It seemed a trick of fate that a small girl would appear before me just as Da disappeared in the crowd. This girl, who would later become my best friend, looked so much like me it was a tad scary.

Both of us had heart-shaped faces, pale skin, and gently curled black hair. She stood maybe an inch taller then I did, but she had te same body shape and demeanor. Even the small beauty mark under my eye mirrored her own. The only major difference I noted was our eyes; I had always had a unique eye color, a silver-lilac mix I didn't see often, and this girl's was a matching purple, but a richer almost royal purple color. I watched as the girl lifted her hand to me and smiled; I didn't feel any trickery or ill1wish in her gaze and I smiled back as I took her hand. In the next moment, I learned her name and our fates were sealed.

"Hi! I'm Violet!"

~*~

Violet Delapaz and I met just days before our first year at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. She told me her Mum was an Auror like mine and her Da worked in the ministry as well, but with Muggle Management, not magical study. She told me she was an only child- like me -and had a barn owl named Psyche; which seemed to match my barn owl named Cupid. We talked and talked as we wandered Diagon Alley and tried to find our parents.

"Why did your Mum and Dad name you after a color?" Violet asked as we split a bag of Chocolate Frogs. I chewed thoughtfully on the chocolate amphibian before answering.

"Mum says it's because my grandmother was named Chartruce," I answered," And her name is Sapphire. But Da says it's because of my eyes. why are you named after a color."

"Mum's mum was named Violet," Violet shrugged. I took this answer and glanced up in time to see Da talking to a tall with with dark curls and a taller wizard with thinning grey-black hair." I think our parents found each other..."

A few minutes later- and much scolding and tutting from both sides -Violet and our parents were heading to Olivander's for our wands. I was excited at the prospect of a wand, since I'd only seen my grandparent's and my Mum's wands. Violet was as excited, but she had seen more wands then I. Olivander gave a smile as we entered his shop and glanced at our parents.

"Charolette Marks and Damien Delapaz," Olivander said his eyes twinkling," Seven inch ash, dragon hearts string and ten inch oak, dragons claw center. Both good for charms. These must be god daughters?"

"I am," Violet said," Indigo is his daughter."

"My Mum is Sapphire Lazuli, now Paulino," I clarified.

"Ten inch ash, unicorn hair center," Olivander said with a grin," Good for defensive and protective spells. Nice to meet her daughter... You two look very familiar... Perhaps you were related in another life... Well Miss Violet you first!" The older man paused to reach for a dusty box." Try this?"