Chapter Six: The Monster

Start from the beginning

"All right, accident or not... admit it, it was a little awesome" Dustin said.

"Awesome?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, she threw you in the air with her mind!" Dustin said.

"I could have been killed!" Lucas shouted.

"Yeah, okay, that was a messed up thing she did, we all know it!" you said getting up from the couch "But it's exactly why we need her. She's a weapon!"

"Do you seriously wanna fight the Demogorgon with your wrist rocket?" Mike asked Lucas.

"If you three wanna waste your time looking for a traitor, go ahead, cuz I'm not spending my time on her anymore. No way!" Lucas yelled. He looked at you and felt mad that you weren't on his side. You understood him but you needed El to help find your lost friend.

"I'm going to the gate, I'm gonna find Will" he pushed his way through you three and headed to his room.

You sighed "Told you he wasn't gonna shake" you whispered.

You, Mike and Dustin got on your bikes and started riding on the street, heading to the woods. You had to find El, she could've been anywhere but you just had to find her. It was silent until you spoke.

"This is weird without Lucas"

"He should've shaken my hand" Mike said.

"He's just jealous" Dustin said.

"What are you talking about?" Mike said. Dustin sighed.

"Sometimes, your total obliviousness just blows my mind" you said laughing and shaking your head.

"He's your best friend, right?" Dustin asked Mike.

"Yeah... I mean, I don't know" he stammered.

"It's fine, I get it. I didn't get here until the fourth grade. You and Y/N were like the closest people ever, Will was like your brother and Lucas has the advantage of living next door. But none of that matters, what matters is that he is your best friend. And then this strange girl shows up and starts living in your basement, and all you ever want to do is pay attention to her" Dustin said.

"That's not true" Mike said.

"Yeah, it is Mike, and you know it" you told him. "And Lucas knows it, but no one ever says anything until you both start punching and yelling at each other like little assholes"

"He's not my best friend" Mike said again.

"Yeah, right" Dustin chuckles.

"I mean, he is, but so are you" he looked at Dustin and then turned to you "And you Y/N" he smiled and you smiled back at him. "And so is Will"

"Can't have more than one best friend" Dustin said.

"Says who?" you asked. 

"Says logic"

"Well, I call bull on your logic, because you're my best friend, too" Mike said.

Dustin smiled "Okay"

When you reached the end of the street, you noticed an ambulance and a few police cars at a market. The glass door was shattered and people were talking to the cops.

"Whoa" you said.

"You don't think .." Dustin said.

"Definitely" Mike said.

El had to have been there. You three kept riding your bikes. You rode all the way into the woods and called out El's name when you were surrounded by the trees but there was no response.