Chapter Five: The Flea and the Acrobat

Note: This chapter is really long so get a snack a drink, your blanket and get comfy's cuz this thing is longggg

You were all in Mike's basement. You and the boys were seated at the table and El was laying on the couch. Mike was pacing.

"What was Will saying?"

"Like home...but dark?" you said with your arm propped on the table.

"And empty" Lucas said.

"Empty and cold. Wait, did he say cold?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know the stupid radio kept going in and out" Lucas said.

"Like home .. like his house?" You asked.

"Or maybe like Hawkins" Mike said.

"Upside down" El said.

"What?" Lucas asked.

"Upside down" Mike said.

He sat at the table along with you guys and opened the game board in front of you all.

"When El showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over, remember?" he said flipping the board.

"Upside down. Dark, empty" Mike said.

"Do you understand what he's talking about?" Lucas asked.

"No" Dustin said.

"Guys, come on, just think about it, when El took us to find Will, she took us to his house, right?" Mike said.

"Yeah, and he wasn't there" Lucas said.

"But what if he was there?" Mike looked at you "What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side? What if this is Hawkins and..." he flipped the board back to the dark side, "this is where Will is? The Upside Down"

"Like the Vale of Shadows" you said.

You all looked at each other, could that be possible?

Dustin grabbed one of the binders with the Vale of Shadows articles and information and began to read.

"The Vale of Shadows is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world. It is a place of decay and death, a plane out of phase, a place of monsters. It is right next to you, and you don't even see it ... An alternate dimension" he looked up at you all.

"But how do we get there?" Lucas asked.

You turned and looked at El, "Maybe she knows"

"Do you know how we get there? To the Upside Down?" Mike asked her, but she shook her head no.

You all sighed. You had to find a way, you just had to. If the Upside Down was real, and Will was there, there just had to be a way to find him.

(Time skip to next day)

It was the day of Wills funeral. Your mom had to go to work so you had to get yourself ready. You found a black dress in the back of your closet and threw that on with a big jean jacket over it. You never wore dresses, you were a tomboy and always wore jeans, t-shirts, converse and oversized jackets or hoodies. But since it was Will's funeral, you decided to just shake it off and wear the damn dress in respect to Will's family. But you didn't wear heels or stupid flats, you tied on your black high top converse and walked out the door.

Once you got on your bike, you headed to the woods before going to the church. You wanted to have a word with Chief Hopper. You respected Hopper, he could sometimes be unfair since you were a kid but as an adult, he was pretty cool. He helped you cope after he found your drunk dad's dead body in the lake. After that day, you guys just became super close, Chief was like your father figure, even though you still called him Chief.