35 | september

"Technically, I didn't lie about anything." Taylor shot back, refusing to give into him so easily.

"No, you just avoided the truth." Joe had shifted to the couch adjacent to her, the top of his knee pressing into her bare thigh. It drove her to madness. He appeared to lean in closer to her ear, "The truth about us."

Taylor chuckled delicately, "What about us? There's absolutely nothing." She turned to face him, his deep blue eyes captivating hers again. She couldn't read the expression on his face – partly because he was too close and his forbidden scent was swelling inside her with every breath she mustered.

"Really, Miss Taylor?" He touched her then. Deliberately and deliciously. On the table, his elegant fingers skimmed over the back of her hand, his thumb sliding underneath, touching her palm. His eyes didn't waver a bit. He held her gaze and slowly picked up her limp hand between their faces. The anticipation was screaming inside of her and she had to let it out, though she hated herself for it. Taylor gulped. And Joe saw it. He knew what it meant. Still holding her hand in his, and her entire being through his gaze, he lightly pressed his lips on her knuckles, watching her reaction. When she refused to give any, he closed his eyes, and increased the pressure. He moved his lips twice over the skin, forever leaving his mark on her. "There's absolutely nothing?"