Chapter Two: The Weirdo on Maple Street

Mulai dari awal

"Exactly!"

"So you just wanted to leave her out in that storm?" Mike asked.

"Yes! We went out to find Will, not another problem" Lucas said. "I think we should tell your mom"

"Who's crazy now?" Mike asked. 

"How is that crazy?" you asked him.

"'Cause, we weren't supposed to be out tonight, remember?" Mike said. You shrugged.

"So?" Lucas asked.

"Sooo if I tell my mom and she tells your mom and your mom..."

"Our houses become Alcatraz" Dustin said.

"Exactly, we'll never find Will. All right, here's the plan. She sleeps here tonight" Mike started to explain. You raised your eyebrows at him.

"You're letting a girl?" Dustin asked.

"Just listen! In the morning, she sneaks around my house, goes to the front door and rings my doorbell. My mom will answer and know exactly what to do. She'll send her back to Pennhurst or wherever she comes from. We'll be totally in the clear. And tomorrow night, we go back out. And this time, we find Will" Mike explained the plan.

You, Dustin, and Lucas started to go up the stairs but stopped to watch Mike helping the strange girl. He set up a big old blanket tent for her.

"You really think she's lunatic?" you asked.

She didn't seem crazy. She probably went through something tragic you thought.

"Wouldn't want her in my house, c'mon Y/N" Lucas said taking you with him up the stairs.

"Mental" Dustin sighed.

(The next day)

You rushed in through the door and froze as the whole class got silent and looked up at you. Mr. Clark stopped presenting his topic and crossed his arms.

"You're late Y/N" he said.

You took out the apple from your mouth. "Yeah sorry the alarm was off by an hour" you said. "Got you one though" you threw him an apple that was in your hand and he caught it.

"Alright, why don't you sit down and pay attention, but next time it's a detention" he said.

You smiled and took another bite of your apple. Mr. Clark really was the best teacher ever.

You went over to your desk besides Dustin and Lucas and sat down.

"Where's Mike?" you whispered to them. His desk was empty and he was never late.

"I'm telling you, his stupid plan failed" Lucas said.

"Jesus, if his mom found out, he'd be in deep shit right about now" you said taking off your jacket.

"Oh man, if Mrs. Wheeler tells my parents..." Dustin said freaking out.

"No way, Mike would never rat us out. All that matters is, after school, the freak will be back in the looney bin, and we can focus on what really matters, finding Will" Lucas said.

You nodded and tried to focus on the science lesson.

(Time skipped)

After school, you Dustin and Lucas were riding your bikes to Mike's house.

"I bet you she robbed his place and ran out" you said.

"Well that wouldn't be terrible, at least she'd be gone" Lucas said.