"Welcome back. How is he? He's kind, right?"

She sat on the side opposite to her. "Of course he is."

"I can't wait to get married. I feel like I won't have a hard time on our married days even though this is only by paper."

She glanced at her. Isa pa pala ito sa mga problema niya. Looked like she would not release him to her possession that easily, just like what she did before.

Ashanti could not help but to think the present time turned opposite to what happened to the past. Before, she was the legal, and Calista was the one who stole Kalen. Presently, it was Calista who was the legal, and she was the one who was stealing the man.

The difference is I'm taking it because of love, not for rank and inheritance.

"What do you want?"

Mabilis na nagtaas muli ng tingin sa kaniya ang kapatid na tila ba naguluhan pa sa kaniyang tinanong. "What do you want, Cali? I know you want something in exchange of the date I had with Kalen."

Calista let out a small laugh as she put down her utensils. Ashanti was still looking at her as she waited for the answer. Hindi na nagsinungaling pa ang babae nang ibuka nito ang bibig.

"I know you want my fiancé, so I'm trying to bribe him with the other."

Hindi na siya nagtanong pa. It was unmistakable she was pertaining to Giovanni.

What would be her answer? Obviously, it was fine for Ashanti. If Calista wanted her ex-fiancé then she would let her be. Na kay Giovanni na kung papatol ito sa babae. As long as she would have Kalen, she would agree.

Just like the food in the morning, it tasted bad and gross for her tongue. She immediately pushed it back and went to the kitchen. Calista eyed her and shrugged before continuing her food.

"Where's the cook?" Ashanti asked when she stepped into the area. The woman with a wide body turned to her and walked nearer.

"Magandang gabi, Young Miss. Ano pong problema?" the cook asked.

"Nananadya ka ba?"

The other people in the area stopped what they were doing and glanced at them. The cook was surprised by her action and confused at the same time.

"H-hindi ko po alam kung ano ang problema-"

She sighed, closed her eyes. She recognized the woman. She was already serving their family since she was young. She opened her eyes and looked at the other maids.

They were avoiding her eyes. She lifted the edge of her lips before deciding to go out. Magtatanong pa sana ito ngunit nauna na siyang nagsalita.

"Your meals nowadays are unpleasant not only to my eyes but also to my precious mouth. Why don't you take a scoop first before giving it to me next time?"

She knew it. Something was wrong since the day she first got confused by the homemade meals they were serving. She suspected they were making fun of her by giving her different ingredients on the food than the original.

Was this Calista's plan?

She went up again and called Maeann. She was browsing for a grub on a delivery app when the maid knocked on the door.