Suddenly, a loud hoot came from behind them, nearly making her jump out of her shoes.

She quickly turned around in a defensive stance, a large owl flapping its wings at her. Y/n hid behind Megumi, peaking over his shoulder in fear. "Megumi, what is that?" She whispered, clueless.

"Don't be scared. This is the owl I told you about. Nue." Megumi answered, walking towards the large bird. "...Let's go."

"...Huuuuh?" She drawled, watching Megumi hop into the back of the owl.

"We're going to use it to get back home..." He then held out his hand to her, the rain making his hair droopier than usual. "...Ready?"

Hesitant, y/n dragged her feet towards the bird, eyeing it cautiously to make sure the animal didn't make any sudden movements. She firmly grasped Megumi's hand, him pulling her up onto the owl.

"Hold on, okay?" He demanded, y/n wrapping her arms tightly around his waist.

"Okay." She whispered, squeezing her eyes shut.

"...Let's go, Nue."

The electrifying owl took off from the ground, launching high into the air. Megumi felt y/n whimper against his back, her arms shaking around his body from being both cold and frightening.

As Nue glided over the city, y/n finally gained the confidence to open her eyes, her lids slowly lifting. She instantly gasped, her perking up with awe. "Wow...." She whispered.

From up above, nearly the whole city was visible. There was an array of different colors of lights, hundreds of people walking by, and loads of cars driving through the town. The rain made it look even prettier, as the water gave the downtown city a calm, relaxed aura.

"...You okay back there?" Megumi asked, keeping his eyes forward as he guided Nue through the sky.

"..."

Megumi glanced over his shoulder, as her silenced started to frighten him. Despite her quiteness, her expression showed she was actually...happy.

Her eyes were wide with awe, as she looked down at the city, her blinking rapidly to deflecting the rain that poured down.

He smiled, turning back to face the front. Little things still facisnate her.

 Little things still facisnate her

"...Went for a swim?" Nanami eyed y/n and Megumi as they stood on the doorsteps of the dorm quarters, their clothes drenched.

"Afternoon, Nanami Sir." They greeted guiltily, bowing their heads.

"...Y/n, get change. The two of us have work to do." He demanded from her, turning away and walking down the hall of the wooden building.

"Huh? What are we going to do?"

"...The two of us...

will fight."

"

"...Nanami?...Nanami?..." Y/n called her mentors name as she followed him down the hall, but he didn't reply. It was no secret that Nanami was a the type of guy who kept to himself, but usually he'd answer questions that she had.

When she was younger, she always asked things like "how is the sky blue?" or "why do dogs bark?". And every time, Nanami had an answer. Valentina called Nanami "y/n's personal library".

So him not answering her questions now...

made her worry.

He lead her inside a small wood paneled room, which was usually used for hand to hand combat training.

Inside were Gojo and Doctor Ieiri Shoko, sitting in two chairs near the corner of the room. "...Nanami, why are we fighting?" Y/n questioned fearfully as she walked towards the center of the space, Nanami closing the door behind her.

Once again, he said nothing.

Y/n turned to Gojo, who was dressed in casual clothing and wearing his infamous tiny sunglasses. His blue eyes peered over his shades, noticing that y/n seemed to grow anxious. She's already getting nervous...

"Gojo? Dr.Ieri? What's happening?" Y/n whispered, hugging her arms around herself.

"There's no need for you to get all panicked." Shoko stood out of her seat with a smile, holding out her hand. "Come here for a second, y/n."

Suspiciously, y/n gave Shoko her hand, her palm face up. Suddenly, Shoko drew a knife from the pocket of her lab coat, slicing the blade across y/n's palm.

"AAAGHH!!" Y/n screamed, pulling her hand back and holding it to her chest. Blood splattered onto the ground, seeping into the brown woods flooring. "Dr.Ieiri!? W-Why d-did you—OW—do that!?" She stammered, her voice shaking intensely in agony and her eyes brimming with tears.

Shoko suddenly brought up a clipboard, and held up a stopwatch. "Y/n. Focus on the wound for me." She asked, pressing the button to begin the time for the stopwatch.

Gojo looked away as y/n sharply inhaled and exhaled, her distressed face causing him to feel pitiful.

But her pained groaning slowly began to die down, to the point where she eventually stopped reacting at all.

Shoko stopped the stopwatch, the time reading 15.67 seconds. "...Interesting...Show me your hand y/n."

Y/n did as told, revealing her now healed palm.

"Did you use your technique to do that?"

"...I think so, yeah."

Shoko nodded as she wrote down her observations. "...Nanami. Continue with the experiment." She commanded, sitting back down in her chair next to Gojo.

Y/n whipped around to Nanami, who swiftly drew his weapon, an axe wrapped in a black and white pattern. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose, glaring y/n through his lenses.

"...Fight like your life is on the line."