2. The Ride

Zero dragged her bags to the back of the bus and slumped down into a seat. She could feel the valley girls and guys eyes on her as put her cassette into her Walkman. Thank gawd her granny packed her a shit load of batteries for the summer. She'd DIE without her tunes! Music was Zeros passion. Though she preferred fast/heavy music she could listen to just about anything.

She looked through her bag compartment she used just for her cassettes. Sifting through all sorts of mixtapes she'd recorded off the radio some from garage bands and some she'd bought and stole from the record shop in town. Plastic clinking against itself as she picked one up and threw it back. She needed the perfect travel tune!

Then she finally found her Billy Idol Rebel Yell cassette. "FUCK YES!" She proclaimed slamming the tape into the player and slapping the fast forward button. The tape whirred and wound until she got to the track she desired. Track #4!

The music blared into her headphones. It made her heart race with excitement! She watched out the bus window as the town and homes turned into trees and highways. "I wonder if they'd care if I smoked on here" Zero though pushing down the rusty window for air flow. She was in the back and all the pastel wearing scrunchie toting valley girls and bible thumpers sat at the front. They'd never see. The smoke will go right out the window.. right?

Zero lifted up off the seat to get her smokes out of her back pocket. Her zippo had Z e R 0 scratched into it. Her pappy gave it to her before he passed a few years ago. It meant a lot to her.

She sparked up the Marlboro with a clink of the lighter and took a big drag. Blowing it right out the window. She was still jamming to Billy Idol and couldn't hear her surroundings. "Ew! What is that gross smell?" A blonde girl said pinching her nose in disgust. "Yeah it smells like garbage.." a heavily muscled guy said with a smirk. Both were now starring straight at Zero. Giggling and cracking more jokes on the smell of her cigarette and her looks.

"Hey! Freakazoid! You're stinking up the bus with your presence!" They squawked over the bus seats behind them. "Hey! Are you fucking listening to me you stupid.." the muscled guy had gotten up and moved to the back. Now standing over Zero as she starred out the window smoking her cigarette. The muscled guy thought she was purposefully ignoring him. He drew back to deliver a sucker slap.. just then a hand grabbed the guys. Stopping him from delivering the slap to our unsuspecting Zero.

Startled by the visual commotion in the corner of her left eye. Zero turned quickly to see what had been playing out while her music played along. She sat there looking at what was transpiring beside her and was confused for a moment.

"Get your fucking hands off me you nard head!" the muscled guy said wretching away from the mystery mans grip. "Dont you EVER fucking touch me again or so help me god I'll smear your queer ass!"
The muscled man loomed over the mystery man for a moment before returning to his seat up front.

Zero couldn't see who had saved her from behind the tall bus seats. He was a few seats ahead on the left but she didn't recall seeing anyone there when she got on and she was the last stop for pick up.
Zero peeked over the seat to catch a glimpse of her black knight in rusted armor. All she could see was dark curly hair from above and black sneakers from below the seats. Should she say thank you?

The rest of the ride took what seemed like hours upon hours. She switched cassettes multiple times along the way. Iron maiden to Judas Priest to joy division and the cure. She had quite the array to choose from and enjoy on her long ride to Camp Cruor.

She had packed her art supplies and decided now was a good time to doodle some in her sketchbook. The pages were filled with death,chaos and gore. There were drawings of Jason voorhees from f13 and Freddy Kruger from Nightmare on Elm st. Right now she wanted to work on the picture of Bubba she'd been drawing out from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
The amount of detail she put into her sketches is ungodly! You could see the womans screaming reflection in the drawn out chainsaw.

Just as they were pulling into the camp she felt like she was being watched. Thinking it was the turd munchers up front she peeped over the seat. She scanned the front. They were busy showing off their expensive clothing and accessories. She scanned the bus seats more only to see two dark eyes starring back at her. Zero froze! Her eyes wide and heart a flare she ducked back behind the seat. Her jacket making all kinds of noise! "Fuck!" Her face and ears were scorching hot and red as a beet!

"I wonder if he seen me.." zero said slowly picking herself up out of the seat. "ALRIGHTY EVERYONE OFF MY BUS! It's been a long ride and I gotta take a long shit!" The bus driver said parking and grabbing his BIG SWIG cup from the holder. Mr. Giess was overweight and covered in sweat from the hot ride. His ass cracked peered out from the top of his jorts dripping sweat right down it. "Fucking grody dude.." Zero said after catching a glimpse of the horrid man.

She gathered her bags and turned around to begin exiting the bus. As she did the mystery man did the same. He only had one bag and it had a few holes in it. She could tell he wasn't anything like the others she'd encountered. He stood tall and was shrouded in all black clothing. Ripps filled the legs of his jeans and he sported a MegaDeth shirt. His long dark hair fell just at his shoulders over his tan skin and glistening in the sunlight coming through the windows. "Wow..." Zero was dumbfounded by the man before her.

Zero gathered her thoughts and belongings. shuffling through the narrow bus hallway to the front to exit. She remembered how he stopped that juice head from obliterating her unknowingly. "Hey I just wanted to say thanks for what you did earlier on the ride.. shit was hella cool of you" zero said looking down at her things as to not make eye contact again.

He slung his bag over his shoulder and looked down at Zero. "Eh its nothing.. just try to avoid that dickhead. He's my neighbor. I've dealt with his bullshit for years." Omg! His voice was deep and soothing. Zeros eardrums melted like they do when she hears a kick ass song for the first time. "Music to my fucking ears!" She thought as he waited for her reply.

"Oh yeah. Uhm I think I went to school with some of these asshats but it's hard to tell anymore. It's been a few years since then." Zero wasn't good at small talk with strangers. Especially tall dark and handsome strangers with a voice like a fallen angels!

"Fuck em.. they aren't even worth the brainpower. By the way uh.. I'm Ronnie(Ron-e)" he said stepping off the bus behind zero. "I like that name..Ronnie. oh yeah haha I'm Zero."
She said dragging her things towards the meeting circle for orientation. "Zero? Cool name for a cool chick. Let me get those for you" he took the bags from zero like they were light as a feather. While doing so he ran his fingers up her arm. Zero could feel her face getting hot again.😳