THE FAMILY HAS A MAN WHO FORGETS HE HAS A WIFE AND A GIRL WHO SETS OFF BOMBS

Start from the beginning

"If it's you three you're sleeping on the couch!" you called out to Gintoki just as they showed the picture.

"You really can see us clearly," Shinpachi sighed. "What'll I do? Sis is going to kill me."

"I'm on TV," Kagura smiled. "I've got to call home."

You slapped the back of her head, as hard as you could because it was Kagura and she had the strength of 100 gorillas, so a simple slap on the wrist would be like a fly landed on her head for her.

Shinpachi turned back to Gintoki, who lay on the floor, watching the screen as well. "Do you suppose this is all some sort of conspiracy? How did we get into this mess?" He paused for a bit. "Meeting Katsura-san was the only good that came out of it. To think he'd actually hide us during all this."

"Katsura-san?" You repeated, questioningly.

"He helped us escape," Shinpachi explained before turning to Gintoki again. "Gin-san, he's a friend of yours right? What sort of person is he?"

Gintoki hummed for a moment before saying. "A terrorist."

Both you and Shinpachi made terrified expressions, until the door slid open and in came the devil. "Stop using that word, Gintoki." The four of you turned your heads to see not just who you assumed to be Katsura, but a bunch of other men. "We're not terrorists. We're freedom fighters! The Amantos are pests that pollute this country with their presence. We must force them out and rebuild this country into the land of the samurai once more. We're expelling foreigners in order to protect this country."

"So.." you asked. "Foreigners expulsion patriotism?"

"What's that?" Kagura asked after biting into a cookie.

"Foreigner expulsion is an ideology that sprang up during the Amanto attacks twenty years ago," Shinpachi explained. "They tried to drive out the aliens. The Amanto pressured us to open up our doors. Under that threat, the samurai rose up together to try to chase them out of Edo."

"But," you added, "The government surrendered because of how much power the Amanto had." You crossed your arms as you spoke, eyebrows knitting unconsciously. "They abandoned the samurai and signed an unfair treaty with the Amanto."

"The Amanto had control over the core of the government," Shinpachi went on, the two of you in perfect sync with the explanation. "They took away the samurais katanas and made them powerless. I heard that after... many of the exclusionists were purged. I never thought that they still existed."

"It seems we've been manipulated," Gintoki spoke up. "Is that right... Mr.Postman?"

You scanned the small group behind Katsura and noticed the man from earlier. The one you'd helped. Kagura pointed at him. "He's right! I remember those bushy eyebrows."

You shook your head, shamefully as Mr.Bushy Eyebrows turned his head. "And after I helped you too."

"It's all your doing, isn't it, Katsura?" Gintoki asked. You sensed tension between the two. It wasn't hard to guess, with your knowledge of Gintoki being a veteran, that Katsura was a fellow samurai in the war. If they shared a well knit relationship or not, you were unsure, but you were sure somewhere along the line, things had gotten shaky. "All these recent attacks that have everyone in a panic."

Katsura scoffed. "There was something I had to get my hands on, even if it meant dirtying them." Katsura lifted up a katana. "Gintoki, will you take up your sword alongside me in order to rebuild this corrupt country? Once again, will you lend me the strength that made you feared as Shiroyasha?"