Why do People Change?

Start from the beginning

-Y/n Pov-
I hold back a laugh while watching him looking around in pure confusion. Were the footsteps mine? Maybe so. Did I play it off? Hell yeah.

"Mom?" I am..... never going to get used to that.

"Yes?"

"Can we get down," Ania mumbles. I shrug, "Sure." I untie the contraption and stuff it in a bag. Keeping them in my arms and quickly jump down and run behind a building, am I out of breath? Damn bitch it hasn't even been that long.

I place them down, "Follow what I do okay?"

"Yes ma'am," the exclaim in unison. Luckily we were far enough away for us not to be heard. I laugh, "Shhh, you've got to be quieter."

They nod and whisper, "Yes ma'am." I tuck my wings behind me once again and peek out the edge of the building. Where are they going now?

I watch them make their way behind another building, what catches me off guard is the small smirk on Kiego's face. Hell are you so happy for?

Being a dumbass, I follow. The kids follow at my side  while running behind him. My eyes widen,

"Where the-"

"GOTCHA!" I get caught in feathers, Ania and Fuji being no better than me fall to the ground laughing while getting tickled.

While now suspended in the air I pout, "Unfairness."

"You still love me." "I'm having doubts."

Bird brain gasps, "I'm so hurt."

"Yeah I can see it on your face," I pause looking down at how far I'm in the air, "Now let me go!"

"What's the magic 3 magic words?"

"I'll kick you."

"Ha...haha.... I was looking for something nice but that works too," he releases his quirk.

I land back on the floor and walk over, leaning next to his ear, "I......"

His face goes a deep red.

I snicker and pick up Havena, "So how was daddy-daughter time?"

She smiles, "Good! But um... why is he red?"

I hold back a laugh and shrug, "Don't know."

Ania's face lights up, "Red face! You're as red as your feathers!"

"Yeah, yeah," Fuji exclaims in agreement.

The bird brain snaps out of it, "Yea-Yeah... those words will work...."

"Thought so," I smile, "I'll race you back to the house!"

"You're on."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"AH HA! SUCK IT!"

"I.....I didn't know someone could fly that fast...." Kiego catches his breath.

I place down the kids and take off my jacket, "Guess you're not as fast as you thought." I throw the blanket thing on the couch.

Next thing I know, arms are wrapped around my waist. What the-

"Nope, definitely still fast." And for the millionth time, I get kissed.

"Ewwww."

I look down at Fuji, "Oh shut it, you're going to kiss someone eventually." He crosses his arms, "Nope. I don't wanna!"

I rub his head, "Whatever you say love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I put on a movie, laying in the bird brain. The kids ended up passing out in their beds as soon as we got back. Funny..... who knew life would turn out like this? Who knew I would change this much? Someone like me? I didn't even know I could care for someone this much..... especially this many people.

-Hawks Pov-
I look down at Y/n laying on my chest, wow.....

And for the first time in a while I muster up some courage, "Do you believe in soulmates?"

-Y/n Pov-
I snap out of my thoughts, "Soulmates? Not really."

I notice his face form a pout. I snicker and look up at him, "But us? Yeah, we're definitely soulmates though."

He smiles, "Yeah.... I thought so," he goes quiet.

I pause the movie, "If you have something to say... just say it. It's not like I can keep many secrets from you anyways."

"I think........

"I think I'm in love with you. No... I know I'm in love with you."

Without thinking I get up and face him, "Good. Because I wouldn't know what to do if you weren't," I smile,

"I know I love you too."

And that is the story of how I, Nightlock, Y/n L/n, changed for the better.... well kinda.

Omgomgomgomg. That's the end, I don't know what to say. Thank you guys so much for reading this book and I really hope this was good. I wanted to end on a good note and I'm just so-

Actually I don't even know what the hell Im feeling. Idk.

But for the final time,

Author J Out