FRIENDS

ANGST, MENTIONS OF SMUT BUT NOT GRAPHIC,

BASED ON THE SONG FRIENDS BY ED SHEERAN , if you want to listen along

SUMMARY: y/n and spencer are friends. friends that fuck on occasion. still counts, right?

☾

'we're not
no we're not friends
nor have we ever been
we just try to keep those secrets in a lie'

you rolled off spencer, panting, your mouth slightly dry and heart pounding, staring at the ceiling, your eyes travelling over to him, lying next to you, his bare chest coated in a slight layer of sweat, also panting.

clearing your throat, you slid off the bed, trying to find your panties, which you'd previously discarded in the heat of the moment, in his dimly lit room. you felt his eyes on you, and felt exposed as you shuffled around his bedroom, bare naked, in the dim light of the early morning.

like you hadn't just had his head and more between your thighs five minutes ago.

relieved, you saw the dark shape of your panties in the corner, and you hastily, and somewhat clumsily, slipped them on, and grabbed your blouse, fumbling with the buttons, whilst simultaneously stumbling into your slacks, which you'd still been wearing from work earlier.

this was the last time, you vowed

'and if they find out, will it all go wrong
and heaven knows no one wants it to'

TIME SKIP, A FEW DAYS

you curled your legs up on the couch, as you stared blankly out of the jet, your heart heavy.

it had been a bad case- four young girls, tortured and murdered, and it had ended in a suicide by cop. the heavy silence that fell over the jet reflected the mood.

your phone buzzed, and you picked it up

spencer
come over?

you looked over at him on the other side of the jet, opposite morgan. he made eye contact, but with no giveaway as to how he felt. you looked back down at your phone, before replying

yeah
(read, 9.54pm)

and this was how it went. every damn time. you came together for comfort, for temporary comfort, a momentary calming of the noise, the hell that you both saw, experienced first hand on a daily basis, a way to forget, a way to distract. but it was always over just as quickly as it began. and then you were just as alone again.