XII

Jisung walked through the forest, looking for things that could increase his and Minho's survival rate.

He kept a sharp eye and made sure nobody was near by as he quietly made his way through the forest.

His eyes darted around everytime he heard the smallest sound, but they soon set themselves upon a river.

Jisung smiled, perfect

He looked around before going to the river and sitting near the edge, he listened to the calm and tranquil sound of the water trickling downstream. He closed his eyes, relying on his ears to pick up the sounds of any near by tributes.

He ran his fingers through the cold water, thinking of everything that has occured in his life.

The good

And the bad.

Beep beep, beep, beep

Jisung's eyelids slowly lifted as he looked up at what the noise was.

A sponsor?

For the gay boy in District 9?

Surely not... Right.

He looked around again, nobody was here, so he took the opportunity to grab it.

He opened it and look at what was inside.

I know you need it, keep going Champ, you're doing a great job, stray strong (also you and Minho should stick together for the mean time)!

~ Y

A small smile spread on Jisung's face and he was overjoyed to see what it was.

The vaccine!

The virus vaccine!

It gave him a newfound determination to win this game.

He got up, deciding to take the advice.

He walked silently through the trees, humming very quietly to himself, eyes scanning the area each time he took a step.

He was buzzing, the happiest he had been in a while, he had Minho back and he had the vaccine that could treat his family.

It almost felt too good to be true.

He kept walking, and walking, and walking, he couldn't wait to tell Minho, he knew Minho would be happy aswell.

Snap

His head whirled around.

Jongho

He reached his hand for his throwing knives but couldn't find them

"Looking for these?" A voice behind him spoke

Jisung turned around quickly and blocked the now swinging arm coming straight towards him, knife in the same hand.

"You asshole" was all Jisung growled, kicking the boy right where the sun don't shine, turning back around to block the attack now coming from Jongho, he kicked him in the guts and attempted to grab his knives back, it didn't quite go to plan and the boy, who was Yunho, slashed Jisung right in the hip, tearing off the bottom half of his shirt aswell.

Jisung grunted and winced in pain, fighting off two people in immense pain.

Jongho's hand grabbed the vaccine as Jisung was occupied in pinning Yunho to a tree and getting the knives back, stabbing him in the chest.

He watched as Yunho fell lifelessly and soon heard a canon shot, he turned back around to deal with Jongho, but nobody was there.

The vaccine.

No.

Jisung felt his eyes burn as tears welled up in frustration and sadness all mixed up to make him feel overwhelmed, his chest tightened

"Youngjo, I'm sorry" he whispered, coughing, he put his hand on his hip, hissing in pain.

"Jisung!" He heard a yell and his head turned to the sound, it was Minho

"Are you okay!? I heard a canon shot and got sent bandages from a sponsor and I got worried, I thought it was you and oh my god, wait holy hell what happened to your hip!?" Minho went on a rant, ending in a shout.

Jisung looked up, tears falling down his cheeks as Minho fumbled with the bandages.

He managed to utter out the story, as Minho nodded, signifying he was listening to what his stressed boyfriend had to say.

He gave him a sympathetic look "I'm sorry baby... But look at me" he said, reaching his hand for Jisung's dirty and bloodied cheek, he touched it

"I know this is hard, it's hard for you, me and even Jongho, I know you're going through it right now and I understand how you may be feeling, but I'm here, okay, I won't leave your side, I will stay with you, I promise" Minho smiled, looking into Jisung's glossy eyes.

"You promise...? But we're all going die apart from one person, and" he paused, taking a deep, sorrowful breath and releasing a sigh "I hated life without you, I don't want it to be you who dies while I survive. I hated being away from you, but at least I knew you were safe and well, now I would know that you're never going to hold me in your arms ever again, you would never try to comfort me, you would never say 'i love you' ever again, I would never see that smile I love so much, I would never and I am not going to stop missing you, I would never stop missing those cheesy sentences I would tease you for saying, I would never stop missing your voice! Even if I come back with a vaccine that helps my family, they'd be upset, you took care of them for 2 years, I know they would be upset, I can't bare my family being upset, your family will be upset and I-" he chocked on his sobs

"I would be so upset Minho"

Minho pulled the distraught boy into hug, he couldn't say it wouldn't happen, because it was a possibility and you could never be sure, but he could comfort him and that's what mattered right now.

He rubbed his back, whispering sweet nothings into the younger's ears as he helped him calm down.

Jisung's breathing slowed down and the tears stop flowing at such a rate that it was easier to breathe.

His chest didn't feel as tight, but his mind was still plagued with negative thoughts he just couldn't get rid of no matter how hard he tried.

"Hey Ji?"

"Yeah?"

"I have something to tell you"

"What is it?"

"I love you"

Jisung let out a small laugh as he looked Minho back in the eyes, smiling a small, but sad smile.

"Minho, I love you too" he said