Chapter 16: Repercussions

It was well after midnight when an exhausted Harry Potter portkeyed back into his curtained bed. A whispered "Dobby," brought his friend with a soft 'pop'.

Within seconds, the golem was gone and with a snap of his fingers Dobby had Harry pajama clad and ready for bed. "Thanks Dobby. Did anyone check on me tonight?"

"No master Harry, sir."

"Brill. Night Dobby," he muttered as he slid beneath the covers, asleep before his head hit the pillow.

"You's sleep, Harry Potter sir, Dobby be sleepin' right here too." The small creature whispered as he curled up at the foot of the bed, pulling a small throw over himself. "I's keepin' nightmares away.""

~~

Two days after Harry's full diagnostic, healer Edward Atwaters was looking over his notes and the files he was able to collect on his newest patient. Thankfully, with the help of Mr. Potter's barrister Lord Peter Flinchley-Addams and Madam Bones, he was able to get a copy of Harry's school health records from Madam Pomfrey, without Albus Dumbledore's knowledge.

The file was more extensive than the typical student record, yet several reports seemed to be missing. He had questioned the school mediwitch quite extensively on the omissions.

When he inquired, the school nurse sighed that her hands had been tied. Albus Dumbledore said the boy's relatives refused to give consent for a full medical scan, or for her to go beyond normal clinical procedures. She had tried citing possible abuse as a means of performing a deep scan but Albus would not hear of it. He'd claimed that the boy's relatives were strict, and not abusive.

She quietly informed the healer that she had her suspicions and made notes in a separate folder which she had passed over to him. "Anything for that poor boy," she said.

She informed the healer that Albus claimed that any contact with the Wizarding World might cause his relatives to refuse him a place in their home, such had been the conditions set when they took him in.

Albus had then told her that it was in Harry's best interest to stay with his relatives, as only there could he be assured protection from any Death Eaters who might try to hunt him down. Only with his Aunt was he protected by formidable blood wards and hence, safe.

Atwaters knew any healer worth their oath would've sensed an obliviation spell used on them. So the headmaster hadn't resorted to that. The good madam would've undoubtedly quit then and there, and she would have definitely reported it to the Ministry.

With a weary sigh he continued reading. Harry's file read like some sort of macabre story to frighten children with and Healer Atwaters shuddered as he leafed through it.

"Edward?" Lord Peter asked as he knocked on the healer's office door.

"Peter! Come in, come in," Edward smiled, waving his cousin in. When Lord Peter Flinchley-Addams had come to him with a concern about a client of his, Edward had been disinclined to take on a new patient. His patient load was already horrendous with all the Death Eater activities that were starting up. That was until his cousin let drop Harry Potter's name.

The healers had all been itching to get a close-up look at Potter's famous scar. Papers had been written on it, but with no real examination of said scar and with no real data, they couldn't prove the validity of any of the theories floating around.

"So how is it going with the files? Peter asked, taking a seat.

Edward stood and poured out two glasses of port. "It's rough reading. You were right, the case has all the earmarks of child endangerment, child abuse, child neglect, and verbal abuse. Thankfully," Edward turned to hand off one of the glasses. "There is no evidence of sexual abuse. Unless you want to call mind rape a sexual charge."