Introduction of the Vtubers

So you like 2D/3D animated characters? I hope that's why you are here and not just by accident. It would be very disappointing indeed. Now then allow me to introduce you to some large groups of Vtubers. After, the individual and unofficial groups will be introduced in their own respective chapters.

Vtubing in General

Ok, so, you have all these videos in front of you, a huge number of eccentric people. What the heck is this?! Fear not. Let me clear things up for you. Vtubers is short for Virtual Youtubers. Well, many also go on other platforms, (NicoNico anyone?) Anyways, they do what YouTubers, content creators, do. However, most create content in the form of streams, where they play games, talk with fans, sing or even does watch along streams. They also do other things, mainly covering songs. Now that you are acquainted with the definition, let us look at a few large and popular groups of Vtubers.

Hololive (Of course it's going to be first, what did you expect, Nijisanji?)

Ah yes, the spearhead of Vtubers in 2020(19?)-present. More overseas people became aware of them every day. Many know of Vtubers through them, while many more are being introduced to them. It is, of course, one of the popular of the many Vtuber groups. It also has a lot of option for you to choose from! It's like a restaurant, do you want onion? Or garlic. Sheep? Or dog? See what I mean? (Don't think of it that way, you crazy human!) All Hololive branches are split into generations, with the exception of INNK music and Hololive En which has less members to form a generation. Poor AZKi alone in INNK.

Hololive JP

The largest branch of all Hololive is the JP/Japanese branch. All the members speak little(broken) to no English (with the exception of a few, eg: Coco. They only speak Japanese during their streams, soooooo unless you speak Japanese, you can understand only a little. However, you can still enjoy their streams as much as those who do understand. Some of the content is subtitled but it's limited to large events and the official channels(Holo no Graffiti). On YouTube, kind souls also bless us with their translation skills and translate parts of the stream. The members will be put in the next few chapters because this is a mere introduction. 

Hololive EN

Oh yes, the forces that brought the overseas people to us. Well, many of them I think. As the branch name suggests, this branch speaks English. For the weak people who do not speak Japanese(Just kidding please don't kill me I beg you.), this is their saving grace. Ever heard of Gawr Gura? Mori Calliope? Yeah, they're part of Hololive En. They do what all Vtubers do, just in English. Gawr Gura especially... how she grows so fast is unknown to me, maybe I missed a few details? Eh :/ Towa-Sama and other people take up a lot of my attention. Anyways, this is the most popular branch with overseas fans as they actually can understand them. Anyways, if you don't speak the favoured language(sorry) I mean if you don't speak or understand Japanese. you should start here. Taking into consideration that you understand English. The choices are not that much only 5. You can pick from a shark girl, a phoenix, a grim reaper, a time-travelling detective and a tentacle controlling girl who uses puns. Not bad right?

Hololive ID

If you don't speak English and Japanese or just want something new, I don't know how you will be able to read this but... here's hololive ID. ID is not identity, it's Indonesia/Indonesian so if you want a new feel, you should watch them. they are just as talented as everyone else. They speak English as well, just with a slight accent, I am sure it can be overlooked. They have two generations currently and is a bit larger than Hololive En.

Smol Branches

There is a branch, called INNK music. Its full name is INoNaKa music, but only AZKI is there. Therefore, it's a smol branch. Let's hope hololive expands there more.

Now that Hololive is done...

Nijisanji is next... in the next chapter. Sorry laziness is totally a sin :))))))))) but I'm a demon so I don't have to worry about it. Now then, I'll see you in the next one! 

Ja Ne