Coin Flipping

~ 💜

Tanjiro's POV 

It was a warm, hot, sunny day at the Butterfly Estate. I was laying in my bed, eating onigiri before started training today. Aoi then came in with a medicine. ''Here's your medicine boys'' said Aoi as she give it to Me, Zenitsu, and Inosuke one by one. ''NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY IS THIS MEDICINE AGAIN ITS--'' ''SHUT UP IT'LL MAKE YOU GET BETTER SOON!'' . Aoi yelled at Zenitsu as she cutting off his annoying complain. ''Yeah Zenitsu, It's not that bad!'' I comfort Zenitsu. ''IDIOT, IT'S EASY FOR YOU TO SAY!'' said Zenitsu yelling at me. ''SHUT UP!!!'' yell Inosuke at both of us. Aoi then facepalmed and walked away.

 We then finished our medicine, now we're ready for training. We walked to a room where Aoi guide us. ''Welcome to the training room! Here we'll be training and testing your flexibility, reflexes, and speed!'' explains Aoi. I then realized that there's the girl from the final selection. ''Ah, It's her again..''  I thought to myself. We then started training. ''Alright Tanjiro, let's test your reflexes with Kanao-san, over here'' said Aoi pointing at the girl from the final selection. ''So her name is Kanao.. Pretty name!''  I thought to myself again as I walked and sits in front of her. She then smiles at me. 

We then begin to try to hold a glass of medicine, But Kanao's reflexes beats me in every round. I got splashed by a glass with a medicine many times. I sighed as I loses the last round. ''It's okay Tanjiro! It's your first day, next day you could practice more'' said Aoi, then it's Zenitsu's turn. I didn't too focused on Zenitsu's turn, I'm just wondering, How did Kanao do that? Will she teach me her ways? And that thought keeps circling around in my head. ''Tanjiro!!'' Aoi yelled at me. I then snapped out from my thoughts and apologized to Aoi. ''Well that's not a big deal anyways. Oh and it's your turn for testing your speed with Kanao-san'' said Aoi pointing to Kanao. 

She smiled at me. Is she always smiles like that? Isn't her mouth hurts? But anyways I'm heading over to where Kanao at, Then she started running away from me. It's like playing tag for me. When I'm about to catch Kanao, I always fell down. And I lose, again. I sighed as I waited for Zenitsu and Inosuke to finish. As Zenitsu and Inosuke finished, We then heading back to our rooms. ''Wow, I wonder how that Kanao girl train everyday, I mean she's very good'' said Zenitsu. ''Well I still think I'm better than her.'' said Inosuke crossing his arms. Me and Zenitsu shook our heads. ''Yeah, I want to learn things from her'' I said. ''Really, Tanjiro'' Zenitsu then facepalmed. ''What?'' I asked him with a confused look.''

- Timeskip by the power of Tanjiro's all mighty headbutt-

It's been three months since I'm training at the Butterfly Estate, and it did well. And today I'm going to test my flexibility, reflexes, and speed. I hope I won't fail again after a month's. I know the drill now. First, I'll test my reflexes. I sit down in front of Kanao with my confidence. I took a deep breath. We started to switch from glasses to other. ''Damn she's fast..''  I thought to myself. I'm sweating. After a few minutes, I finally got the glass first before her. ''Oh no, I can't splash her with these.. These are smelly..''  I thought to myself, not knowing what to do. Then I put it to her head carefully. ''Placing in the head means win too!'' said Sumi, Kiyo and Naho in unison. We then cheered and jump together, while Kanao stood there in silence.

Next, It was the speed turn. I'm gonna catch Kanao no matter what. Kanao then started running, then Me chasing her. I got fail over and over, But I wont give up that easily. So I keep trying to grab her hand to catch her. ''You got this Tanjiro!'' I thought to myself with a spirit. And I did it. I catch her hands. I then cheered, while Zenitsu and Inosuke stood there. ''How innocent he is.''   Zenitsu thought with a stupid face.

After I'm thanking everyone in the Butterfly Estate, I'm looking for Kanao everywhere, wishing her to seen. Then I finally found her. She sits there silently, and of course with her usual smile. ''Kanao!'' I waved at her with a smile. She then turned at me. ''Thanks for everything!'' I said. Then she only smiled at me, no words at all, making it an awkward silence. I stood there awkwardly, wishing for her to speak by any chance. She then grabbed out a coin. ''Hey, what's that?'' I said. She then tossed the coin, and it was 'Tails' . ''All I did was follow my Master's order, No need to thank me.'' She said. ''Hey you talked to me!''  I thought to myself.