Chapter 1: Inheritance

Harry's POV

It's the summer before my fifth year at Hogwarts and I am turning 17 at 12 am. Of course, I had to get my early present from Uncle Vernon, I can barely breathe, I can feel the bruises forming and few of my bones are definitely broken. Why does Dumbledore or Molly not believe me? Why am I still here in this hell of a place or still alive for that matter? Every time he hurts me, I am close to death. Before I can even begin to get somewhat  comfortable I'm thrown into even more pain, which I didn't think was possible.  I try to look at my clock but before I do I pass out from the pain and the beating. The next morning I am woken up by an owl at my window. I go over and slowly open it to take the letter, I pet the beautiful bird and give her some bread crumbs, for  it's all I had. She peaks at my hand affectionately, then leaves.

Dear Mr. Potter:
Congratulations you have come into your Creature inheritance, I wish to discuss your vaults and lordships. Come to Gringotts as soon as possible. The letter is a port key just say TRUTH and you will dropped at the front of the bank.
Sincerely:
Griphook
Head Goblin of Gringotts.

I put the letter down slowly not sure of what to do. So I decided to go to the bathroom to freshen up, not even bothering to look in the mirror as I don't want to keep the goblins waiting.  I then go back to my room and grab a pair of old hand-me-downs and quickly get dressed. I go to grab my glasses when I realize I don't need them anymore. I look around and notice my stuff is no longer in the cupboard and there is a note.

Cousin-
Get out before he kills you. I didn't help you. Remember that.
Bye- Dudley (your ass of a Cousin)

Thank you, Big D, I say to myself. I shrink my stuff along with Hedwig's cage. I tell her to go to Sirius and wait. I pick up the letter and port to Gringotts just as the locks on my door being unlocked.
I appear in front of the bank and go in and up to the front desk where I ask for griphook.  The goblin doesn't look up but asks who is asking.

"Harry Potter sir. I say not looking him in the eyes.

He nods and leaves then another goblin comes and takes me down a few halls where he stops and knocks, there a deep come in and he opens the door for me. So I go in and see a goblin at his desk.

"Ahh Mr. Potter, I see you are finally answering your mail." Griphook says.

I look at him confused.  "What mail, I have not gotten any mail. The only letter I have gotten from you, was  today when I went through my inheritance, which according to Dumbledore I am not to have one. Also, I thought I couldn't have my lordships until I was of age." I say confused.

The goblin looks at me shocked. "I am sorry to say Mr. Potter, but we have sent two messages every month since your 11th birthday and we called you here to have your blood test to sort everything out. Also, you have been "of age" as you say since you were 13." he says softly.

"Sorted out sir what do you mean." I say even more confused. What all has Dumbledore been keeping from me.

"Mr. Potter, I'm sorry to say but you're not who you have been led to believe you are ." He says, pulling out two pieces of parchment and a dagger. Sensing my anger, He goes on to say "Just let Eight drops of blood hit this parchment for family and magic. And if you choose three drops to see any blocks or potions being used on this parchment." He says motioning to the second piece.  I grab the dagger and let the eight drops fall freely from my finger. The paper uses the blood to write out my family tree, Griphook hands me the paper and I read it through, I am shocked, to say the least.

Birth certificate

Adopted Name:
Harry Potter
Birth Name
Aries Orion Malfoy