A Hair of the Dog That bit You

Start from the beginning

"You're good, good dogs, Rovers

"You're good, good dogs, Rovers. Good, good dogs. I'm glad to see that Colleen is back to her beautiful self, too." 

"Oh, me too." Blitz said. "She almost took my tuckus off back there."

"And thanks, professor. Your nose has done it again."

"You had linguine and clam sauce, haven't you?" Huber pointed out randomly.

"Well, yes." 

"And an after dinner mint, too." 

"Amazing." 

"And you've been chewing on a slime-covered tennis ball." He told Hunter. 

"Hey, I'm a dog. Some habits die hard." Hunter admitted. 

"Remind to always brush my teeth with him around." Sam whispered to Mari as the two girls giggled.

"And great job to you too, girls. Sam, I am proud to say that you are now a full fledged member of the Road Rovers." 

"Sweet!" Sam cheered and pulled Mari into a hug. Soon, everyone headed to the kitchen to get some dinner. Exile pulled Mari to the living area so that they could talk privately. Mari could feel her heart beating like crazy. The last few times that she was alone with him, something always happened and sometimes got awkward. They sat down on the couch and she could see that Exile was nervous as he kept rubbing his hands together.

"So, crazy day we have, huh?" He said when he found his voice. 

"Y-yeah, pretty crazy." Mari silently cursed herself for stuttering. 

"So, reason for me wanting to talk with you Mari, is this," Exile finally mustered up some courage and looked her in the eyes. He gently took her hands in his and turned to face her. "When I still believe that I was werewolf, I made promise to myself, that if I was not werewolf like you say or if we found a cure, then I would tell you something important."

Mari could feel her face heat up. 'Is he really?' 

"For a while now, I have been feeling things for you. Ever since our first mission, I find myself wanting to be around you more and I enjoy time that I spend with you."

'This is happening! This is really happening!'

"What I mean to say is, I like you, Mari. So very, very much." A sweet smile overtook the husky's face. "Will you do me great honor and be my girl friend?"

Mari was silent for a moment and Exile was afraid that she was going to reject him. But, before he could say anything, Mari threw her arms around his neck and knocked him over. She now lay on top of him. 

"I-Is that yes?" 

She lifted herself up and smiled brightly at him. 

"Yes, it's a yes!" She laughed and pulled him up. "I actually have liked you too for a while." Her cheeks flushed as she admitted her feelings. "I was just too scared to say anything because I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same way, being different species and such." Exile smiled gently and lifted her chin so that she was looking at him.

"I do not care if we are different species. I want to be with you, no matter what. You make me happiest I have ever been."

"I could say the same thing about you." She giggled. "No human guy could ever compare to you. As for what other people might think, who cares. We can make this work, I know it." Exile smiled and pulled her into a hug. He had never been in love before and now that he was, it was the best feeling in the world. "We should probably tell the others now. They'll figure it out sooner or later if we keep it a secret."

"Good idea." The two got up and walked hand in hand to the kitchen. This relationship was gonna be a whole new adventure for both of them and they couldn't wait to see where it took them. 

*Moye sendtse= My heart