Chapter Twenty Two

Start bij het begin

"Yeah I'll think about training with you two some day, it was nice seeing you again!" You nod at him happily before running into the building, waving at him.

When the door shuts with a loud bang, Genya's heartbeat slows down again as he fees the same tingling sensation in his stomach. He stares up at the moon as it's silver hues shine down at the scarred male. Genya sighs, sitting back down into the long grass.

"Just what do you think you're doing to me...

(Y/N) Ubuyashiki."

~

You open the door to the small extension of the Butterfly Mansion which was called the hospital. You curiously look around at the dozens of empty beds until your eyes lock with a pair of golden orbs which instantly tear up at the sight of you.

"(Y/N)!!! My savior! I heard you saved me from that big spider when I passed out from shock!" Zenitsu cries into your uniform, smearing his snot everywhere again. You deadpan at the boy, noticing that his arms are already shorter and that he is now waving his large sleeves at his face, wiping away his tears.

Must be because of that spider venom.

"There there," You awkwardly comfort him, putting a hand into his surprisingly soft hair, feeling the blonde boy finally calming down ever so slightly.

"Hi (Y/N)! I'm so grateful too see that you're okay!" Tanjiro smiles brightly at you, watching you curiously as you sight on the edge of Zenitsu's bed after shoving him into it.

"No!!! I want to cuddle with you!!!" Zenitsu cries, holding up his arms for a hug. You laugh hastily, picking up a pillow and shoving it into his directions, cackling when it hits him in the face.

"Shut up and go to bed!"

You sigh before turning back to Tanjiro with a sweet smile, "I'm just so glad to see that all of you are alive and... well." You slowly glance down at the depressed Inosuke who is silence the whole time, his mask draped over his face as if he doesn't wasn't anyone to see it.

"Oh... Uh, Hi Inosuke!" You awkwardly state but in return you get a low grunt from him.

Tanjiro let's out a light laugh before pointing at Inosuke's bed, "Oh don't worry about him! He is just feeling low because he didn't get the chance do fight you like you promised!" He exclaims, trying to lighten up his mood a bit. You bite the inner side of your cheek before looking down at the sad boar boy before stifling a laugh at the sight of how his boar head also looked depressed.

"..."

"DID SOMEONE SAY A FIGHT?!"

"Woah! Inosuke! You recovered quickly?!"

"EH?! Shut up and FIGHT ME!!!"

Just what has my life come to...

~

"(Y/N)! My my, I told you to be careful with that!"

You glance in amusement towards Shinobu who is behind you, sending her a grin into her direction. You have decided to finally help Shinobu with some of her studies on making new medication instead of cuddling with Nezuko most of the time... Which to be honest, you would obviously oblige to if you had the chance.

You stare up at the boxes that you hav been carrying for five minutes in your arms, ignoring the small comments that were coming from Aoi and the shy yet concerned stares that were sent to you from Kanao.

Sadly, you were also told about the coin story by Shinobu and even you were surprised yourself when she mentioned that Kanao decided not to use it when she introduced herself to you!

She really is something...

"(Y/N)!!!"

Suddenly, all the boxes fell and soon enough, you were buried in books. You groan in pain when you start to hear small giggles starting to erupt from the girls' lips as they stare down at you, amused by your clumsiness.

Shinobu sighs after letting out a graceful laugh, placing a hand onto her hip before pulling you back up again. When you brush yourself off, you realize that she has been staring you for quite some time and you cock up an eyebrow in confusion as Shinobu smiles at you with slight agitation.

"Uhm... Is there anything on my face?" You ask, touching it slightly before wincing at the sudden sting from your bottom lip. You look down at your fingers to see them covered in your own fresh blood.

"Oh dear... What do we do with you? Kanao! Aoi! Clean up these books whilst (Y/N) and I go and clean this small wound, alright?"

Aoi smirks at the two of you before waving a hand out in dismissal before helping Kanao with the books.

Shinobu takes your hand as you let her drag you to the infirmary, glancing at the curious Kakushi as you walk past. "You know, I can clean the cut myself, right? It's small anyways, so I-,"

Shinobu cuts you off with a slight shake of her head, "No, you won't get it, if we clean it up right, you won't have an ugly scar on your pretty face, okay?" she retorts and you slightly blush at her.

"If you say so..."

~

After Zenitsu and Inosuke were also finally treated, they soon enough joined Tanjiro for his training and this also meant that they would also spar with you.

"You're too slow, you have to stop tensing your leg muscles if you want them to kick quicker," You explain to Inosuke as you send a punch into his direction which is quickly evaded by one of his blocks before Inosuke sends a couple of unexpected attacks.

"You don't have to tell me what to do!" He retorts even though secretly, Inosuke is trying his best to impress you.

You roll your eyes, sending your last kick into his stomach, sending him flying across the field before you walk over casually to your water bottle.

You slump into the grass, watching Inosuke doze off in the corner of the eye.

"(Y/N), I-I made this for you!" You turn your head in confusion to see Kanao hold out a small box of onigiri and you suddenly feel your heart melt at the sight of her.

"Hi Kanao! It's been ages, are you alright?" You ask joyfully, standing up and taking the box from her, quietly thanking her.

"I'm alright thank you... But... You know- It's nice seeing you again..." She shyly mumbles and you melt even more at her words.

"It's nice seeing you too Kanao! We need to hang out more!" You exclaim brightly, patting her head a couple of times before walking back towards the unconscious Inosuke.

"Oi piggy, back to training we go!!!"

.

.

.

A/N: This one is a bit rushed so sorry if there are many mistakes!!! Also I'm back in school... sadly.