"What I know is that you shall never understand." Miss Thompson whispered while tears were falling down her eyes.

"What was that?"

"You shall never understand!" Marina yelled. "Someone like you, living this ridiculously charmed... Did you think I wanted to come here to be around people like you, so out of touch, so superior?"

"That was my toe, Lord Bridgerton." Elia giggled, stepping now in his toe on purpose.

"Hey! What was that for?" Benedict asked with a smile.

"It's been the third time you step in my toe tonight, My lord." She remarked. "If I remember you weren't the type that stepped on Ladies toes."

"And you are right, I am not." He said while grabbing her tighter to spin her around and lay her down on his arm, just to pick her up once more. "And if I remember, we were leaving the formalities aside."

"Benedict, Are you nervous?" She asked with a little smirk on her face, a light blush adorning his cheeks.

"No, no!" He almost yelled. "What would you think that, My lady?"

"Well from your tense shoulders and the small sweat drop forming on your forehead, I would think you are." She replied.

"It's not that." He answered.

"Is everything alright?" She asked with concern, the song ending and both stepping away from each other, the warm they fell from each other vanishing.

"Come here," he said while taking his arm on hers, both walking to the part were not many people were. "Elia, May I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Did you lost an earring at Lady Danbury's ball?" He asked, from the seriousness and the way he was acting she thought it was something more serious,
She laughed.

"Yes, I did." She respond. "Albeit I didn't find it."

Benedict Bridgerton wasn't the kind of man who get nervous about little things like this, but after spending many hours in her Drawing room or with her family, he did. There was something about her that he couldn't help but fail miserably with his charming self. He felt many things that he couldn't explain, and it terrified him. It all happened so fast. He knew that from the moment he had met her, his world would never be the same, and he was willing to experiment that new world without instructions or a map for guidance just for a girl he had met days ago. "That's because I did" he responded, taking out the pice of jewelry from his pocket, the one he carried with him everywhere in hopes to give it to her when he saw her again.

"Whatever are you doing?" Lord Berbrooke asked Daphne.

"Nigel, not now." She responded harshly while walking side to side, trying not to lose control.

"Nigel?Are we to drop the honorific so soon? I suppose as your husband..." he started but being cut off by Miss Bridgerton.

"You will never be my husband. I will never marry you. My brother, he. He made a mistake."

"Do you think yourself better than me?" He asked, walking towards Daphne.