the clock ticks two

Start from the beginning

The younger man's hands trembled, anger seeped through his skin like toxins, he felt the urge to scream his lungs out. But one look at Miyoshi Shichiro's calm smile and relaxed figure, he let the anger roll off his spine and focused on the comforting lavender scent the younger girl adorned. That was something he admired about her, she had the ability to remain calm in the most stressful situations, this one is facing her brother's annoying exterior. Despite all that, Aki Hayakawa loves Miyoshi Shichiro like a brother, but he just didn't know how she does it. How does she brush aside his cheekiness?

Aki sighed and began wrapping Manami's forearms with bandages gently. "Whatever you say, Shichiro." He dismissed. Manami held onto the other side of the bandage with her opposite arm, allowing him to wrap the bruised skin neatly. Aki smiled gently, placing his large palm on the tops of her curly hair, and he ruffled the curls affectionately.

"Thank you," Manami smiled softly. The room was dimly lit, giving her the effect of shadows running around, dancing in in the hollows of the area. She felt a sliver of anticipation crawl up her spine, Manami had yet to face the horror of taking a shower with the two destructive men that were constantly bickering back and forth. Without Manami, Aki was unpredictable when it came to Shichiro and she hated it when they played cat and mouse.

Shichiro got up from the ground and stood in front of Manami with a hand clasping his chin thoughtfully, "Oh dear... Nami-chan, you look like a zombie!" He exclaimed, but a tug at his heart made him stop in his tracks. Something didn't feel right to him, there must be something he forgot. He couldn't fight the ache that reverberated through the walls of his cranium, it held onto his head tightly and somehow, the words refused to come straight to his mind. "I feel like I'm forgetting something..." Shichiro pondered.

Aki got up from the seat in front of the duo and began cleaning up the bloodstains on his table. The room was quiet, it was an awfully strange occurrence seeing as though Shichiro was in the room partaking in their conversation. Aki knew that it would be moments before he starts back up again, and so he took the opportunity to clean the mess that Manami's blood left on his table.

Manami opened her mouth to speak, but was inevitably cut off by a loud exclamation from Miyoshi Shichiro, "Aki-chan, Nami-chan!" He shouted, eyes full of terror and mouth flapping open in shock. "I'm supposed to be with Makima and the others right now! It's about that zombie infestation we were supposed to be working on together!"

Shichiro groaned, dropping to his knees and leaning his head into the crook of his sister's neck, he basked in the attention she gave him; with her hands brushing through his hair gently, and her lavender perfume evidently staining his skin with sleep. Manami smiled lazily at the frowning boy, and she watched Aki emerge from the hallway with a twitch in his right eye.

    Aki Hayakawa had the patience of a saint in front of Manami, but that patience was stretched between her spindly fingers. She had him trapped in a spider web, but one he willingly got lost in.

━━━━━━━━

         Miyoshi Manami likes the idea of sitting in the trunk of her brother's old beaten-up truck in the middle of summer, it made her bones feel much lighter than it was now. Summer held the most perfect temperature in its palm, though people might argue that it is too hot, Manami would often respond by saying she can't even feel the warmth of summer on her cold, pale skin. The idea of sitting idle in her brother's truck felt like years of stress being perpetually lifted off her back like a carapace, but it was simply just an idea, a thought, it could never be a reality. 

That's because war alters the truancy of life in itself, people could no longer float buoyantly in the water, treading lightly as the waves gently kiss the patches of your skin. It takes away the novelty of having a free state of mind, war builds years of fear onto a man's aching back because of the idea of kissing death on the lips.