Chapter 5: The Prince Vs The Pleiades, Part 1

Start from the beginning

Cixous: "I-I'm terribly sorry, my lord!"

Tashimī: "Do not be sorry, Cixous; I love seeing my workers so uplifted and joyous whilst they are performing their duties."

Before the young maid could respond to her master's heartfelt words, they suddenly heard a loud cough from the other side of the office. Turning their heads to the side, both Tashimī and Cixous witnessed Momonga clearing his throat in an attempt to gain their attention. However, as the two individuals gazed upon Momonga's skeletal form, they saw a look of uninterest and slight displeasure at the thought of his meeting being negated for idle chatter.

 However, as the two individuals gazed upon Momonga's skeletal form, they saw a look of uninterest and slight displeasure at the thought of his meeting being negated for idle chatter

Realising that they have been conversing before the ruler of Nazarick, both the prince and homunculus maid shifted their forms towards the draped lich. As Cixous offered a deep bow towards the Supreme Being, Tashimī merely stood straight and offered a small nod towards his father as a sign of understanding.

Cixous: "M-m-my deepest apologies, L-lord Momonga."

Tashimī: "Yes, apologies for wasting time father. Shall we begin the meeting?"

Momonga: "In a moment, my son; the Pleiades have yet to arrive."

Nodding his head towards the maid as a sign to leave, Cixous quickly lowered her head in respect before leaving the room. After she left, the room fell completely silent for a few minutes before Tashimī decided to start conversation with his father. After all, they are related, so they should try to bond with each other.

However, before Tashimī could utter a single word, a loud knock was suddenly heard from the other side of the door. Turning his gaze towards the large wooden doors, Momonga saw a group of maids enter the room and bow before him. This group of maids was in fact the Pleiades, the battle maids of the Great Tomb of Nazarick.

Though not noticeable on the surface, Tashimī could tell that none of the Pleiades were bowing before him; none of them had ever met the Dark Prince in person, and appeared to have doubts about whether he was worthy of being the Prince of Nazarick

However, Tashimī did not care about their opinions of him and quickly returned his gaze towards his father as he awaited for him to begin the meeting. Holding his gaze with his father's, Tashimī offered another short nod towards Momonga before clutching his staff within his right hand.