In this rage he jumped forward. Going high into the air, powering up his fist to land a blow. She looked up keeping her eyes on him as her hammer faded into a different weapon. She stood her ground as the force of his fist met the staff of her weapon. They stood in a standstill. Both forces power were equal, as were their strength.

"This is why I loved you." He grinned "This power you possess that I could not take." Her eyes widened before they narrowed and she pushed forward slightly.

"I see, it was true. You never loved me..."

"I did."

"Not enough!" She pushed forward throwing him back and trying to slash him with the blade of her staff.

He jumped back avoiding the hit.

"Aries..." her left eye glowed a colour and shimmering light appeared beside her before a pink haired woman appeared, taller than the one who summoned her.

"You called?"

"Please. Look for any survivors, bring forth anyone you may need. And get them as far as possible."

"Rekka." Another appeared. Even taller than the woman. His red hair seemed to glow with the flames flickering around him.

"Can I fight now?" He grinned, getting into a stance that showed he was battle ready.

"Yes. Keep him off of us." She threw the weapon and the moment the staff landed in his hands it changed again.

"With pleasure!" He took off, the earth cracking and shattering at the force he pushed off with.

Seeing Rekka engage in the fight she ran back to her partner. He was weak, blood pouring from his body as he struggled to hold himself together.

"You...you should have ran..." he wheezed.

"And leave you to die?!" She shook her head placing her hands on the injury "No."

"I appreciate that, but in your condition...you, you cannot be hit." He sighed as he felt his body healing "Does he know?" He looked away from her his eyes going to his brother.

"He left before either of us knew."

"How long do you have?"

"Five to go again." She smiled "I'll make sure they are nothing like him." His eyes widened

"They?!"

"Found out yesterday."

"This worries me more. You should not be here!" He gripped her hand holding onto them tightly as his looked into her eyes with his pleading ones.

"I...I don't know why, and I cannot say for sure...but I will see you again. Whether in this life or the next. Whether we meet again in different ways, but we will meet again. So please! Please! Leave from here! Live for them..." he pleaded with everything he had.

"Fine! But I will protect you."

"Reeve! Isla!" Two others appeared.

"Yes?"

"Protect him! Listen to whatever he wants!" Tears gathered in her eyes "Stay by his side until his dying breath!"

"Hai!" They nodded as she stood and backed away.

Her eyes and tears glowed as they fell.

"Survive, as long as you can. For us." Then she was gone.

He sighed getting to his feet.

"I will...but we will not meet again..." he closed his eyes.

"Don't worry, we'll tell her everything for you."

"I see...thank you..." he smiled before he ran back into battle.

He didn't know it then, but as he expected his life to leave him he didn't expect he'd find ways to pass his legacy. And as she promised she protected that legacy through the years. But his brother found out and he tried to break the legacy they created together.

He succeeded. They were torn apart forced to watch someone so close to them suffer and die. He broke the chain, shattered it into pieces that he was sure could never be formed again.

How wrong he was. As they found one another again, in the most unlikely of ways...and ironic no less.